wyattearp

Greenie
Dec 24, 2011
South Alabama
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-7, CZ-3D, CZ-70 Pro, F75, F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Anyone ever run into this problem ?? I purchased a Fisher CZ-70 on line awhile back just as loaner and backup. I turned it on and ran through the notch, sensitivity, volume, and target ID just to verify everything worked. I put it in the closet until I needed it, I pulled it out yesterday to let my Son use it and the pin point has only a very faint sound with the headphones plugged in. I checked the volume on the machine and the headphones both are almost wide open. Everything else but pin point has volume with the headphones plugged in. When I unplug the headphones the pin point works and has good volume as does target ID through the built in speaker in the unit. Maybe a loose wire to the jack I'm not sure....I'm pretty good at trouble shooting and fixing problems but before I open and look inside or send it back to Fisher I wanted to check and see if anyone has had this problem or has any idea what the problem is. Thanks

OP
OP
wyattearp

wyattearp

Greenie
Dec 24, 2011
South Alabama
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-7, CZ-3D, CZ-70 Pro, F75, F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Problem found..... I cracked the case open gently and seen a wire at the earphones plug had become detached. A quick little dab of solder and she had all kind of pinpoint volume to the earphones.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread