Garrett, Minelab, & Kellyco-Minelab Repair centers.

Auriemma

Jul 24, 2014
SE PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab: Sov XS; Sov XS2 Pro ; XS2a Pro ; E-TRAC; Profind 25, Garrett PP AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been a hard year for my equipment (and my first year... 6 months really). Keep in mind, all my gear was purchased used.

Since my season is over, I figured it was time to get my gear fixed up.

I sent my AT Pro into Garrett for a PP issue. Garrett replaced the main board with the latest version, replaced the faulty coil, resealed, tested it, and sent it home in 10 days (under warranty). It works great now. Only cost to me was outbound shipping. It's still under warranty until 4/2015

My Minelab ProFind 25 was going off for no reason, and tip and side were pressure sensitive. ML replaced it with a new one, and sent it back in 10 days (under warranty). Only cost to me was outbound shipping. Under warranty into 2016.

My Minelab Sovereign XS (~1997) needed to have the sensitivity cranked way up to stop it from chattering, almost to full. Being that ML no longer supports older Sovs, I called Kellyco to see if their ML repair department would. After speaking with Barry, the Kellyco/ML repair manager, I sent it in. It seems there was some corrosion on the main board that was causing a short. It could only be seen and cleaned if you completely disassembled the head, which he did. After testing in their "garden", he said it works like new and overall is in excellent condition for its age. Cost: $85 dollars ($37.50 diagnosis, $37.50 1/2 hour repair time, and $15 return shipping). It will be home on Monday (12 days away).

High marks and my sincere thanks out to all three repair centers!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread