erratic atpro

wayne007

Greenie
Feb 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone ever seen an ATPro go erratic in certain spots. I have an ATPro which works relatively well. However at certain spots in a search it becomes erratic the indicator walks up and down from 35 -99 with all forms of audio and all depths. This happens on Pro mode and normal. I don't believe its over an electric line and the region is too large to dig everything. I thought it might be a region of trash yet the erratic detection going up and down the ranges so fast makes me think something is wrong with the detector. The site I'm working has several regions where this happens and regions where it returns to normal. I know its the region where the problem occurs yet I can't understand why the detector goes crazy.

Any pointers or advice is appreciated.

OP
OP
W

wayne007

Greenie
Feb 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Batteries are full power. I'm guessing it's just some many trash targets that the ATPro goes nuts.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could also be EMI, are there overhead or under ground wires close by, maybe high powered lights for game fields?

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As stated above EMI .. or electrical lines use to all be above ground but now a days are all burried.. so if in a new neighberhood, could just be burried power lines.. re ground balance manually.. Force it up to 99 .. then do the regound balnce pump thing.. also you have 4 freqeuncies.. try one of the other 3

Bumpstick

Jun 1, 2008
Lake Country WI.
Detector(s) used
MineLab/ Excalibur&Exterra705/ Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took mine to the dealer and they sent it back for repair. No cause was ever stated.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
turn the sensitivity down, until is stops beeping without targets :)

Bumpstick

Jun 1, 2008
Lake Country WI.
Detector(s) used
MineLab/ Excalibur&Exterra705/ Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried ever thing imaginable turning it down until it is off. This ain't my firs rodeo.
Then you go home empty handed and friends with the CZ or Excalibur rubbing it in.
You wanna use my back up machine Ha Ha Ha!

Last edited:

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
A single large target can give multiple IDs just like multiple objects close together. Turning down the sensitivity might give a clue as to if it is 1 huge target or several smaller ones. Best wishes, George (MN)

Bquamb

Dec 29, 2014
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, EQ 800, AT-Pro, Xterra-505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ground balance every 10 minutes is my habit. Also, Target size plays a huge roll, Mineralized soil... My ATP has some craze to it when digging near the fresh water and I hit a bottle cap or so, but the numbers are usually pretty the same, though, it does sometimes go to 04 back up to 75 or XX number often if digging trash. All connections are tight, cable is wrapped TIGHT around the arm... all these factors I have noticed to make a massive difference.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread