Status
Not open for further replies.

Rogerv

Jan 25, 2013
Beltsville Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garret GTA-1000
Garrett Seahunter Mark II
Bounty Hunter (came as BOGO from Kellyco)
AT propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
glad to hear u've had such a wonderful experience w/them.i just returned my pointer for the 5th time(yesterday)in 3 yrs.it's cost me approx $40 to do that.they've sent me back so called repaired or new 1's,all w/the same result.this last replacement lasted all of 6 wks.,the least about amount of time of all the rest.my friend has sent his back twice in less than a yr.!3 parts on my 350-including the coil-broke within the 1st yr..the are nice folks to talk to on the phone,but there are problems w/quality control & organization.they lost 2 of my packages & couldn't find the package,it turned out that they generated shipping labels,but never got to the shipper.it doesn't seem they keep a record on comp.,everytime i called they always asked me who i had talked to the last time.if i didn't remember that,then they couldn't find the item.i would not buy another product from them!see my past posts.

Having worked in the service industry for 40+yrs If you call in with an attitude or nasty tone you will get crappy service. A friendly voice goes a long way. I've had a GTA1000 for 30yrs and a Seahunter II any time I have called with a cracked Battery holder or needing a new o-ring or shaft bolts they sent me two sets or extras. Being nice on the phone always pays in the long run. In my old job a computer keyboard was $10 and if it was caused by customer spilled something in it it voided the warranty. The cost was then $350 per hour min 3hrs. If customer was nice I would write it off as defective no charge, If they were nasty they got billed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread