Uh Oh.... My At Pro is messing with me, and Im not in the mood.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Uh Oh.... My At Pro is messing with me, and I'm not in the mood.

Went out for a quickie this afternoon, the permission I've been to several times. I was running the 5X8 coil in a trashy area... after pulling a target, my machine went silent, about a minute later I realized how quiet it had gotten. The unit was on, but little else. I waved the coil against a fence post, nothing. That's weird. I turned it off, and on again, worked fine for a minute, then same thing. 5 times I put up with this and said no more...lets figure this out. The batteries were at about half power, so I replaced those, then I switched out the coil to the 11.5 DD... made sure to clean the connectors of dry sand, and lubed up the O-Rings just for good measure. Back to the hunt, I threw down a clad quarter for a test run...85 on the screen... ok, lets go...then DEAD. I mean dead dead. The machine cut out, and there was no coming back...WTF:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:
I came home, put all my gear up, and settled in for what would be a depressing foray into getting my machine fixed.... The owners manual was there only as a prop as my wife looked on with pity, not because of my machine being sick, but probably how I am dressed. Anywho....I realized that I had never done a factory reset... and SOB, it worked! So now I am letting my ATP take a break, maybe there was some bad ju-ju in the yard that made it freak out.... I wont tread far from home on my next hunt, as it may happen again.... Not worried about the Garret service or support if I need it, just don't want to be going through the hassel of shipping, etc... well, that's my rant, just had to get that of my chest. HH...BWD

P.S. I found 2 wheat cents, 1919, and 1945.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
See? This is why you need several quality back up machines.

And Christmas is just around the corner. How coincidental...

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry to hear about the Garrett. Glad to see the factory reset worked. :icon_thumleft: How soon before the Quest arrives? :dontknow: Looking forward to your post of your findings and impression of the new machine.

OP
OP
BigWaveDave

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
FedEx just knocked on my door.... they'll do that if the package is especially heavy...2 big bags of cat food and toilet paper. :BangHead:

No Quest Pro yet....

OP
OP
BigWaveDave

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:censored::BangHead::cussing::crybaby2::angry4:
It happened again.

OP
OP
BigWaveDave

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So it looks like I gotta call Garret in the morning and get a Return Merchandise Authorization #.... Got it boxed up, ready to go... I feel like I've punched in the gut.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FedEx just knocked on my door....

I just got so excited reading that I literally leaned forward in my PC chair to read the rest. Damn cat food and tp...friggin hilarious Dave! :violent1:

The weight of the Deteknix world on your shoulders...and you toy with our emotions with cat food and tp!!

Okdirtfisher64

Dec 22, 2018
Tulsa,Ok
Detector(s) used
F75+ fisher 11”,5” dd coils
F pulse pin pointer
Black widow headphones
Predator 31c raptor hand digger,
Whites mxt e-tracker stock 9” ,4x6,coil
Garrett AT Pro,ground shrark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3 years & some months have come and gone!!! I would like to know how this ended!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread