Tesoro conquistador beeps in discrimination mode

Randomnewguy

Tenderfoot
Mar 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI,

Ive been getting used to using my tesoro more often but just recently its started to get a bit sketchy in discrimination mode, Even with it turned right up to maximum discrimination its still beeping intermittently. It works fine in all metals though, what ive found myself doing is seraching in all metal then when i find something swith quickly to discrimination and give a quick sweep to see if its iron, If i stay in discrimination too long it starts playing up though.

Any ideas?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you are the original owner, just send it back to Tesoro. If they can't fix it (parts no longer available), they will offer you a new machine at below wholesale as yours is no longer made. Most likely they can tune it up for you. Call 'em! :skullflag:

OP
OP
R

Randomnewguy

Tenderfoot
Mar 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a long time ago i bought it but unfortunately im pretty sure i bough this second hand. It was working fine the last few days but then it just started beeping in discrimination mode so i wonder if its worth opening up to have a look inside. I was hoping maybe someone may have had a similar problem and managed to fix it.

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Even if you are not the original owner, they will not rip you off. I bought my Sidewinder used and they replaced my broken pinpointing switch free of charge.

Also bad batteries can cause weird problems.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ALWAYS check the battery - strange things happen when they are near the end of their charge.
luvsdux

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread