pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks, my question is answered.. The original pads are glued to a plastic, snap-in base.

OP
OP
pinenut

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
just wanted to add..

Here's a picture on an old ear pad from some used Killer B's I bought. These were getting stiff and cracking, so I wanted some brand new ones.

The new ones supplied by Mr. John Smith, the builder of Killer B's and Sun Ray headphones, are complete with that plastic snap-in base plate. They'll take you maybe 30 seconds to swap both out, as they just snap into place. No glueing, no double stick tape. To remove the old ones, put two fingers in the inside of ear pad and pushing the back of your nails down against the speaker screen, get your finger tips under the plastic plate and pull it out. Piece of cake.

While you have the ear pads out, it's easy to also pull off that speaker screen and carefully push the speaker through the slit in the foam. You can then take both screen and foam to the sink to wash 'em in some dish soap & hot water. Dry then reinstall. While the used KB's I just replaced the pads on were relatively clean, I imagine some can get pretty funky inside.

Just wanted to post this in case anyone else wonders how to swap 'em out and what could be involved. BTW - new (original) leather replacements cost $20 + shipping from John Smith, and he sent 'em quickly by Priority Mail.

IMG_0883.JPG
IMG_0882.JPG

eldorado

Mar 19, 2009
Northwest OHIO
Detector(s) used
started out with compass nugget.1970? have had many over years, current choice is Garrett ACE 350. collection includes: ace 250, AT Pro, ATX, Whites 6000, whites classic, still have my compass too.
mine were glued in place, I just ordered new ones today, will let you know how they came out.. btw,, I have susnray pro gold,, I took off my peltor ear protection muffs, and the size is the same

V3iMadness

Dec 22, 2022
Bath, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just wanted to add..

Here's a picture on an old ear pad from some used Killer B's I bought. These were getting stiff and cracking, so I wanted some brand new ones.

The new ones supplied by Mr. John Smith, the builder of Killer B's and Sun Ray headphones, are complete with that plastic snap-in base plate. They'll take you maybe 30 seconds to swap both out, as they just snap into place. No glueing, no double stick tape. To remove the old ones, put two fingers in the inside of ear pad and pushing the back of your nails down against the speaker screen, get your finger tips under the plastic plate and pull it out. Piece of cake.

While you have the ear pads out, it's easy to also pull off that speaker screen and carefully push the speaker through the slit in the foam. You can then take both screen and foam to the sink to wash 'em in some dish soap & hot water. Dry then reinstall. While the used KB's I just replaced the pads on were relatively clean, I imagine some can get pretty funky inside.

Just wanted to post this in case anyone else wonders how to swap 'em out and what could be involved. BTW - new (original) leather replacements cost $20 + shipping from John Smith, and he sent 'em quickly by Priority Mail.

View attachment 1479185
View attachment 1479188
Anything new here? Like The contact Info of where to get the replacements?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread