Bounty Hunter: Lone Star(sold)
Tesoro: Lobo Super-Traq(own)
Minelab:X-terra 30(sold)
Tesoro: Outlaw(own)
Tesoro: Original Silver Saber(own)C
C-Scope: 3-MX i Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys I have a Tesoro Outlaw which I bought used that has an issue with its depth. During air tests it will sometimes pick up a penny at around six to 7 inches and then it would have trouble picking it up at 2 inches! Now it seems when I turn the machine on it can't pick up penny sized objects until its about 1 inch from the coil( the coil is the stock 8 inch donut).I understand that this machine has manual ground balance. I have also used this machine quite a few times on the field and did pick up some shallow coins but recently it's been very chattery and falsing out a lot too no matter what I do with the ground balance. Am I using the machine right? Or does the machine have an issue that Tesoro will have to fix? Thanks.

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have you called the factory and described your problems? That would be my first suggestion. :icon_thumright:

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd determine if the battery is up to snuff before doing much else. I've been bamboozled a time or two because the new, replacement battery gave the same puzzling actions as the older because it wasn't good, either.
luvsdux

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread