Constant chatter from my AT Pro

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Make sure coil wire is not moving. Look for loose connections. If you've been in water with loose connections, disconnect and let dry out. Loose dirt in coil cover. Wet sandy ground with lots of fertilizer salts might need to turn down sens. Usually turn up iron disc when chattery ground. On AT Gold, I turn down threshold into negative numbers and use some ground balance window.

bologna321

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2017
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
how low are your batteries?

OP
OP
cdickrun64

cdickrun64

Nov 12, 2009
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
My eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Batteries are 80%.

Cell phone in pocket.

Chatty all over...

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a similar problem. Turned it to b two problems. The coil itself had leaked and the machine from 2014 had leaked. It got unusable and I sent it in for repair. Got essentially a new machine and coil for $210. Bought it used while my excal was in the shop n apparently got worked over on the deal. I did manage $900 worth of gold so it was a little better than break even but this baby still had to put In some finds to make it a worthwhile investment. Knowing what I know now I shouldn't have bought used or at all but the gold I got would have been gone by the time I got the excal back and its nice to have a good guest machine for friends wanting to try the hobby. Send it in before u get out of warranty if it's not too late

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread