Excalibur1000 Help please.Importance of Battery Polarity?...

stoneshirt

May 3, 2003
Santa Marta de Magdalena,Colombia
Hello Everybody
I UN-Soldered the Wires,where they connect,at the Battery end.The Cable/Insulation was rotted where it entered the Chrome Nut.Stripped it back to good and ,failed to notice,when I De-Soldered,the Polarity.On DC it really does'nt Matter,Right??But Minelab has that aligning Pin,so that it will ONLY PLUG IN ONE WAY.Is this critical? All my Thanks.Ken............

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It matters, reverse it you will burn the motherboard up. Your reversing + and - just like on a car battery.

OP
OP
S

stoneshirt

May 3, 2003
Santa Marta de Magdalena,Colombia
It matters, reverse it you will burn the motherboard up. Your reversing + and - just like on a car battery.

Well thanks for that quick reply Treasure Hunter.So.how would I go about finding the correct Polarity hook-up? The Wires are Blue and Brown.Yack!
I have that other Ilklite fitting,that's used for the Charging Operation.it's the same.Do you think I could open it up and see the connection,I imagine it would be the same ??????????????..Or a Schematic? or maybe OBN could chime in?Thanks again.Ken

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions