Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I own and really like my 2 Excaliburs. Unfortunately, the one I purchased in 2012 went on the fritz last year and I had been putting off the repairs. Part of my tardiness had to do with the very poor reviews that Minelab has received over the years.
Minelab has opened a repair center in Alum Bank, Pa.
I finally called them in the beginning of August. After a few questions about what was going on with my machine, I was given a Return Material Authorization.
Down to the post office and then wait for a call. Less than a week later, I received a call from their technician who brought me up to speed on what it would take to repair my detector, and the costs. Less than a week later, and my Excalibur is back in my arsenal and working as designed. All in all, it was a good experience and I want to thank Minelab for their excellent after sales service and their efforts to change their past customer service reputation.

Last edited:

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They must realize that they have gotten a lot of people’s attention with their machines THAT WORK,both past and present! We buy these machines that work for good money and need them in operation! I can’t imagine using anything else,now that I “know better”....I too had great turnaround time on a simple check over for my CTX. Knowing that you’re taken care AFTER the sale is huge,and it leads to repeat business. Good on them for taking care of us,no matter how large or small a piece of their corporate business we are. Nice work by the crew in PA!!:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions