AT Pro issues? Or is it me?

reaper8496

Apr 19, 2015
Somewhere in Central PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had my Garrett for about 2 years now and I really like it, but I'm still having trouble trusting my machine. Whenever I get a deep, high tone, I always pass it by because when I do dig them up, I NEVER find the item. I cut the plug, scan over the hole and nothing (which should be normal because of the halo being broken) I dig about 6 more inches and still nothing. I just dig almost a foot deep hole and....still nothing. I don't want to waste precious metal detecting time digging a huge hole and not finding a single thing. Perhaps I need to cut bigger diameter plugs. It's just kinda frustrating that I can't find those deep old coins or relics because I can't bring myself to dig those signals.

mlutz

Dec 20, 2016
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
reaper, I have found that if I get too close to my boots it will register on them. (The eyelets) I know it sounds weird, but I have done it. Also if I swing anywhere near the shovel as I am moving around it will register as well. Not saying that is what you are experiencing, just an observation from when I have had disappearing signals. Another thing I have noticed is foil wrappers just under the leaves or pine needles that will register. Typically if I get a signal I will kick away the leaves and try it again. I love my AT Pro. Hope you get it figured out.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Also if you ground balance manually. After you pump the coil, lower the number by two numbers. Sounds like your machine is running a little hot. And try lowering the sensitivity one bar.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread