LOOKING FOR CTX-3030 DISPLAY HEAD PARTS 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jerryp49

Thread: LOOKING FOR CTX-3030 DISPLAY HEAD PARTS 2

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Oct 2015
    Royal Palm Beach, FL
    MineLab CTX3030 Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett AT Pro, Gray Ghost Amphibian Headphones, Garrett Pin-Pointer AT, RTGBB6tip Scoop
    51 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting

LOOKING FOR CTX-3030 DISPLAY HEAD PARTS 2

Hey Guys,
    Well it finally happened to me I use my CTX-3030 exclusively for Beach and shallow surf detecting here in SE & East Florida. A couple of weeks ago seawater found its way into my Display Head through the USB port. I've been running it in the water using the O-Ring upgrades mentioned on this forum for nearly 4-years. This is the first time water has gotten into to actual display head, although I have had two other incidences of water getting into the USB port only. This was after I had already added the O-Ring to the cap threads and also sealed the threads and flat spot on the stub with silicon adhesive/sealant per the water upgrade suggestions.

For now I have purchased another 3030 off eBay so I won't have any down time to my detecting. Got a nice one from a fellow detectorist in New Mexico and it's in like new condition. But that's another story.

So now, after disassembling the display head then washing cleaning, inspecting and then reassembling . . . the board has had it. What I'm looking for is a used, working display head you might want to part with. Or just the Board, Display & USB port. My case, switch, cable, speaker and other items for the head are in good shape. All other components of the detector are good too. I would like to get this detector working again as a spare (but don't want to send it in to the factory).

If you have the parts I'm looking for or know someone that might have them, let me know.
    Looking forward to another exciting fall/winter detecting season here in the Sunshine state

Best regards,
    Jerry
    Have permission... Fill your holes... Dispose of all trash properly... OR... don't metal detect.

us
    Dec 2012
    Twin Tiers NY
    XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
    463 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I have heard nothing but excellent feedback on the new Minelab Service center in PA. I would give them a call and see what your options are, you may be surprised.

us
    Oct 2015
    Royal Palm Beach, FL
    MineLab CTX3030 Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett AT Pro, Gray Ghost Amphibian Headphones, Garrett Pin-Pointer AT, RTGBB6tip Scoop
    51 times
    Quote Originally Posted by choppadude View Post
    I have heard nothing but excellent feedback on the new Minelab Service center in PA. I would give them a call and see what your options are, you may be surprised.
    Thanks for the suggestion choppadude. That may be my last resort option. They have treated me well on one other repair. Just concerned that it will be an expensive option.

I’ve already been given a location to buy a new display at a reasonable price. Now to locate the PC board and USB plug assembly.

Jerry
    Have permission... Fill your holes... Dispose of all trash properly... OR... don't metal detect.

us
    Oct 2015
    Royal Palm Beach, FL
    51 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryp49 View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion choppadude. That may be my last resort option. They have treated me well on one other repair. Just concerned that it will be an expensive option.

I’ve already been given a location to buy a new display at a reasonable price. Now to locate the PC board and USB plug assembly.

Jerry
    Bump for position and reminder I'm Looking for parts.

Jerry

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    30452 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Jerry, reminder only charter members can reply with offer to sell. There always has to be a charter member involved and since your mot a charter member only charter members can reply.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

us
    Oct 2015
    Royal Palm Beach, FL
    51 times
    Thanks TH, didn't know that.
    Then maybe those that have an idea can just PM me with their suggestion or offering?

Jerry
    Treasure_Hunter likes this.

Sponsored Links