Discovery 2200 Screen not illuminating.

Aroy

Dec 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Discovery 2200 Metal Detector. The unit has been in storage for about 3 years and was purchased in 2013. The screen does not illuminate when I installed new batteries. The are the 4 beeps however when the power button is depressed. Can you tell me what might be wrong with the unit and or give me advice about what to do to fix it. I live in Canada and the unit warranty has recently expired. Thank you. Roy

BH505Man

Nov 18, 2013
Granite Falls, WA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, 6",11" coils, Teknetics T2SE,&T2 Classic, 5", CORS Fortune 5.5x9.5", 11", CORS Strike 12x13", 15"coils, Legacy 3500, 4", 8",10" & 11"DD coils, Lesche digging Knife, Lesche T Handle Shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The next thing that I would do is to purchase a good electrical contact cleaner, unplug the coil wire from the control box, clean both the pins on the coil plug and the female socket on the control box and plug it back in. Make sure that the plug is plugged in snug into the socket & turn on the unit. Providing that the batteries are good this should fix the problem. If this doesn't fix the unit, call First Texas Products in El Paso and talk to the service department. The phone number is 1-800-413-4131.

OP
OP
A

Aroy

Dec 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the response. I will definately try that. I had determined after my post that the when I disconnected the cable from the control box it lit up the screen which indicated a short perhaps. So your suggestion makes sense. I was afraid the coil might be gone so this is a relief. Not sure what to use as a cleaner. Many thanks again. Roy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread