Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BH505Man

Thread: Discovery 2200 Screen not illuminating.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Dec 2018
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Question Discovery 2200 Screen not illuminating.

I have a Discovery 2200 Metal Detector. The unit has been in storage for about 3 years and was purchased in 2013. The screen does not illuminate when I installed new batteries. The are the 4 beeps however when the power button is depressed. Can you tell me what might be wrong with the unit and or give me advice about what to do to fix it. I live in Canada and the unit warranty has recently expired. Thank you. Roy

us
    Nov 2013
    Granite Falls, WA
    Teknetics T2 Classic with 5"DD, 11"DD, & CORS Strike 12x13"DD, 15"DD coils, Legacy 3500 with 4", 8",10" & 11"DD coils; Lesche digging Knife, Lesche Sampson T handled Shovel; Tek-Point pinpointer
    13 times
    The next thing that I would do is to purchase a good electrical contact cleaner, unplug the coil wire from the control box, clean both the pins on the coil plug and the female socket on the control box and plug it back in. Make sure that the plug is plugged in snug into the socket & turn on the unit. Providing that the batteries are good this should fix the problem. If this doesn't fix the unit, call First Texas Products in El Paso and talk to the service department. The phone number is 1-800-413-4131.

Dec 2018
    Thanks for the response. I will definately try that. I had determined after my post that the when I disconnected the cable from the control box it lit up the screen which indicated a short perhaps. So your suggestion makes sense. I was afraid the coil might be gone so this is a relief. Not sure what to use as a cleaner. Many thanks again. Roy

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links