SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
78B09F8E-83F8-49A0-A3E5-52F6EBCDA4F6.jpeg 1D6A0FDE-825F-48FA-A1AB-1DB56D80ABB3.jpeg
Emailed MInelab about these funny black vertical lines on My CTX Sceen. I’ve had My CTX in the water several times, but haven’t gotten it any deeper than 3’. I explained all of this to them and I was told that it just happens. Since it’s out of warranty of course I’ll be picking up the tab also. In doing some research I’ve found that this has happened to quite a few others. Hmm You would think this would almost be a Manufacturer defect, but regardless this is My top machine. So I sucked it up, and it’s on it’s way to PA for repairs at the Minelab Certified Repair Facility there. Have any of You on here ran into this problem also?
I’ll also keep it posted as to the damage when I hear back from them when they receive My CTX and give Me a quote. Any responses will be Much appreciated!!

Just received a call from Minelab Repair Tech in PA.
He said that My CTX is gonna be repaired and shipped back tomorrow. The total bill was under $220. It’s a bullet to bite, but it’s a Great machine. The Repair Center for Minelab have been quick, helpful, and thorough in getting this issue resolved. That means a lot !!!

Last edited:

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
Hope it works out for ya buddy....

OP
OP
Digger RJ

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me too�� Hey can I borrow about $500 from You lol

Jeff In North Georgia

Aug 23, 2006
Suwanee, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Fisher F75+
I have one line in mine almost the same spot as the one on yours to the far left of my screen. Happened about 1 year out of warranty.
Emailed Minelab about it. ~$300 to repair and ship it back as long as that is all that is wrong with it!

There are two sellers selling replacement screens for ~$80 from China.
Looks like an involved repair but may attempt it if it gets worst.

By the way, mine has never been in the water.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Glad to hear all is well and you will be swinging the 3030 real soon!

OP
OP
Digger RJ

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Received My CTX Back today from FedEx. They LED Screen was replaced, the upper shaft, and the face plate. The LED is all that cost because the other was replaced under warranty. The total cost was $212.50 (shipping & tax included)
Looks new:hello2: We’re gonna be busy for a few days, so I’ll have to hold on before I can try it out. Happy Hunting!!!

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
Have fun working in this weird weather...I'm off for the next 3 days....:tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread