🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
9BB08C7F-A89D-4A0A-8136-C76C35DB36DD.jpeg
Gonna be a challenging year. I continue getting a “Coil Not Detected” on My CTX Screen when I try using this coil. Again, the deepest I’ve had this coil in water is around 4 1/2 feet. It’s clearly advertised as submersible to 10feet. Hmm I’m pretty sure that water has penetrated the cord grip at the coil. I removed the top nut to see if it was possible, and it appears that regular silicone was used to seal it up. Seems like something a little more durable would be used. Anyway of course it’s out of warranty also, and Coiltek said that it’s be cheaper to just buy a new coil at $399 than to get it repaired. I don’t think I’ll be buying any aftermarket coils anymore. Seems a little sketchy to Me. I know things won’t last forever, but for that kind of money I would think longer than it has. Anyone else had problems with these coils. And on another note, this is the best coin shooting coil that I’ve used for the CTX. Awesome target separation in iron infested sites. When it works. It won’t signal on a known target now.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most likely it is bad cable at the strain relief. Wiggle the cable at the strain relief and see if the coil not detected message goes away and comes back. If it does then good news you know it wasnt a coil leak, bad news is it still cant be fixed. ��

It has happen to others, if you got 3 years out of it l am betting it paid for itself.

OP
OP
Digger RJ

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ll give it a shot. Thanks for the reply.

Carlitosway2

Apr 11, 2016
Long Island NY
Detector(s) used
(Favorite) CTX 3030
(Back up) whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1675851
Gonna be a challenging year. I continue getting a “Coil Not Detected” on My CTX Screen when I try using this coil. Again, the deepest I’ve had this coil in water is around 4 1/2 feet. It’s clearly advertised as submersible to 10feet. Hmm I’m pretty sure that water has penetrated the cord grip at the coil. I removed the top nut to see if it was possible, and it appears that regular silicone was used to seal it up. Seems like something a little more durable would be used. Anyway of course it’s out of warranty also, and Coiltek said that it’s be cheaper to just buy a new coil at $399 than to get it repaired. I don’t think I’ll be buying any aftermarket coils anymore. Seems a little sketchy to Me. I know things won’t last forever, but for that kind of money I would think longer than it has. Anyone else had problems with these coils. And on another note, this is the best coin shooting coil that I’ve used for the CTX. Awesome target separation in iron infested sites. When it works. It won’t signal on a known target now.
I was looking to by one but heard mixed reviews, Do you really notice a positive difference from stock coil? Does it work for buttons just as well?

OP
OP
Digger RJ

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This coil stayed on My machine. When I first got it , I hunted a yard that I had went over very well with the stock coil and couldn’t get any more signals. When I scanned over it with the 5 x 10”, I found 8 coins I had missed including 4 wheats.
From then on I left it on My CTX UNLESS I was hunting CW Relics in a plowed field. It has great depth, just not 10+ on bullets. For yards with iron, I’d recommend it. Just wished it hadn’t died so sudden. I did get over 3 years use with it. Good Luck and Happy Hunting.!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions