Minelab Equinox Coil Hardware

DetecTom

Nov 18, 2019
Long Island,NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600|Whites IDX Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello all, stupid question. I wanted to get a spare coil screw for my equinox (the plastic bolt that holds the coil onto the shaft). I’ve found this popping up many times:

(Link deleted for rule violation)

I know this says for large coils- but is this the same bolt for the stock 11” coil. (The same bolt originally included) or is this larger? Has anyone bought this before? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The link is for FBS detector (Explorer, Etrac...etc.) coils. If you have trouble finding a replacement, you may be able to use a plastic one (plumbing or hardware sections) from the hardware store. There may be a few dealers with replacement parts by now. Good Luck. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
DetecTom

DetecTom

Nov 18, 2019
Long Island,NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600|Whites IDX Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you. I always like to have a spare because they are only plastic. It looks exactly the same as the equinox one, but I can not find the stock equinox bolt.

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max, AT Gold - Tesoro Euro Sabre - Tesoro Bandido II uMax - Troy X2 - Tesoro Stingray - Mojave - Fisher 1280X- Fisher 1235X - and many more.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all, stupid question. I wanted to get a spare coil screw for my equinox (the plastic bolt that holds the coil onto the shaft). I’ve found this popping up many times:

(Link deleted for rule violation)

I know this says for large coils- but is this the same bolt for the stock 11” coil. (The same bolt originally included) or is this larger? Has anyone bought this before? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!

I know those guys.

Just contact them and tell them what you need.

Very nice people over there, they'll get you squared away.

Last edited by a moderator:

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
A few years back I was detecting Hampton Beach in NH with my good friend Artie. Snapped the bolt on my AT Pro, day ruined... but wait! Artie came to the rescue with plastic toilet bowl bolt and nuts (and no, he didn’t pilfer it from the public restroom!). Handy items to carry as a temporary fix.
HH
dts

GeoW

Jul 12, 2005
Coastal Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II, XP Deus, XP ORX, Nautilus DMCllBa, Troy X5 Shadow, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Outlaw
Nylon bolts and nuts at Home Depot or Ace type hardware stores. Take one of yours and match em up.

g

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, the nylon bolts work well. Just take your current one in and they'll be able to match it for you. I broke one years ago and used a stick temporarily.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread