My new Teknetics T2 SE sounds like a pinball machine, can't quiet it down

rmg3

Jan 4, 2020
Beaufort SC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a new T2 SE and for the last couple of days, no matte how I adjust it, it bounced all over the place. Even holding it up in the air it reads 20's 40's and even up to 90 and I'm not even swinging it. While swinging it in a new civil war site I found, it makes so much noise that it is almost impossible to use because of all the fuss. The guys I was with today followed me and pulled round balls and buttons all day. I found two small buckshot and part of a candle holder and with all the extra noise, that took a lot of concentration and was very frustrating.

The GB did not seem to be working properly either so I manually adjusted it but to no avail. I eventually set the sensitivity down to 50 and the discrimination up to 50 and it was slightly quieter but not much.

Any ideas on what to do? I am going to call the Teknetics factory folks tomorrow.but I need a fix fast as this is the prime digging season in SC.

Thanks for any suggestions. Don't worry about hurting my feelings if you think I am doing something wrong.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread