keith wills from east texas metal detectors

PAPPYGOL

May 15, 2008
niles ohio
Detector(s) used
grand master hunter cx2 ,,. , fisher 1235x 1236x2, 2 coin computers, garrett freedom 3.
i got to speak with keith wills from east texas detectors today. i wasnt suprised he is still a super smart guy, always willing to help. i bought a detector last week and the manual was very misleading, but, he set me straight, ive had him repair countless machines over the last 30 years, mostly old vintage machines. always came back working like new, thanks keith.

Last edited by a moderator:

bubbacat

Dec 20, 2018
Deep Woods, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
1266XB, Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Shipped a detector to East TX Metal Detectors the first week in Jan, 2022.

It's now 7 October...

No word yet.

camichael

May 29, 2020
La Verne, Calif
Detector(s) used
White's, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keith repaired my Surmaster and the turnaround was a couple of weeks..... Nothing but praise for East Texas Detectors.

rstcso

Tenderfoot
Apr 30, 2021
Round Rock, TX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Early last year I sent Keith two Tesoros for repair: a Lobo Super Traq and a Tiger Shark. I checked in every few months and there was always some excuse why they weren't ready. A few months ago, I pretty much wrote them off. A couple of weeks ago, Keith called to say they were completed and the balance including shipping. I gave him my credit card number and was billed about $10 more than quoted, but wasn't too concerned. I'm still waiting for them and his main number now appears to be disconnected. I will be contacting my credit card company tomorrow.

CaptEsteban

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2011
Early last year I sent Keith two Tesoros for repair: a Lobo Super Traq and a Tiger Shark. I checked in every few months and there was always some excuse why they weren't ready. A few months ago, I pretty much wrote them off. A couple of weeks ago, Keith called to say they were completed and the balance including shipping. I gave him my credit card number and was billed about $10 more than quoted, but wasn't too concerned. I'm still waiting for them and his main number now appears to be disconnected. I will be contacting my credit card company tomorrow.
He is the last person I would let work on a detector. He kept one of mine for almost 6 months, never touched it, & got ill when I demanded it’s return. I am not the only one who he has treated badly.

rstcso

Tenderfoot
Apr 30, 2021
Round Rock, TX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just got off the phone with the credit card company. I'm debating also filing credit card fraud charges. Based on Texas statutes, he has committed a state jail felony.

When I sent them last year, he had many glowing reviews.

CaptEsteban

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2011

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear. I've sent him several machines over the years no problems. Recently had him work on some Garrett Blood Hounds & he said to drop a twenty in an envelope. I'm positive he sent my Garrett back before my twenty got to him, that's gotta say something. I'm thinking he's gotten way behind since he got sick. Call him &talk to him.

Normeleni

Greenie
Aug 2, 2019
Warner Robins
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, AT Pro, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
i got to speak with keith wills from east texas detectors today. i wasnt suprised he is still a super smart guy, always willing to help. i bought a detector last week and the manual was very misleading, but, he set me straight, ive had him repair countless machines over the last 30 years, mostly old vintage machines. always came back working like new, thanks keith.
I’m still waiting. I sent him one a 1265x middle of last year. Got it back after countless calls around the end of the year. Detector functioned but with virtually no depth. Sent it back in May. Still no word or response to my queries.

Sep 28, 2022
Isla Mujeres, Mexico
Detector(s) used
Tesoso Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would not recommend Keith, East Texas Metal Detectors either. I sent him a Tesoro Sand Shark in July 2022, after paying $195 for repairs it was returned to me in October, days before I left for Mexico for the winter. I tested the unit and still did not work. I contacted Kieth who asked it to be sent back and I explained it would sent when I returned from Mexico. I sent it in March 2023 and today September 5, 2023 after many calls he finally said he had found the problem " that a wire had been pulled from the board". I explained he was the only one to work on it and he hung up on me. If I ever have another metal detector go bad I will mount it on the wall as art work or throw it in the trash before sending it to Keith, East Texas Metal Detectors. it's not worth the frustration.

Sep 28, 2022
Isla Mujeres, Mexico
Detector(s) used
Tesoso Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would not recommend Keith, East Texas Metal Detectors either. I sent him a Tesoro Sand Shark in July 2022, after paying $195 for repairs it was returned to me in October, days before I left for Mexico for the winter. I tested the unit and still did not work. I contacted Kieth who asked it to be sent back and I explained it would sent when I returned from Mexico. I sent it in March 2023 and today September 5, 2023 after many calls he finally said he had found the problem " that a wire had been pulled from the board". I explained he was the only one to work on it and he hung up on me. If I ever have another metal detector go bad I will mount it on the wall as art work or throw it in the trash before sending it to Keith, East Texas Metal Detectors. it's not worth the frustration.
UPDATE: I just talked to Keith and after I requested he just return my Tesoro Sand Shark and the money I paid him to repair it to me, he hung up again. This seems like his only way to resolve issues.

bubbacat

Dec 20, 2018
Deep Woods, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
1266XB, Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
To All Who have Ears:

I sent a Fisher 1266 for repair to Mr. Wills at East Texas the first week of January 2022. It's now 30 September, 2023, some 21 months later.

I finally called him three weeks ago, and kindly asked him for a status. He asked me to call back in about a week. I waited two weeks and rang him again. He mumbled something about having a hard time finding parts for the older Fisher machines, which is probably true. I have not decided what to do next: leave the detector with him or pay to have it returned. Either way, I'm out of considerable money.

If considering his services, I will leave you with the words: estis admoniti.

B😾

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread