Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The lesson is simple:
Keep valuables in a bank safe deposit box. Why ever risk this consequence? If you enjoy doing 'show and tells', then get your 'goodies' replicated and tell everyone that the 'real stuff' is in the bank.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
thats what safety deposit boxes and home safes are for -- a home fire box ---geez a 2 year old can open that up -- at the very least put it into a gun safe or sumpin like that that --make em break a sweat for for it at least. sorry for the owner of said items--- being robbed is a ugly feeling you feel unsafe and jumpy forever after it happens. -- I say shoot theives on sight --and everybody round my area knows just how I feel -- crook types steer a wide birth around my place ever since I saw a punk 18 year old "scoping" my cars radio system --"peeping" in my car windows to check it out -- I opened the front door with my 12 guage 870 remington pump shotgun loaded with #4 buckshot -- racked it --yelling "you need sumpin"? no problems since --that was 13 years ago right after I moved in with my wife -- no problems since then --word gets around --he will kill ya --steer clear of that place.

MoTwister

Apr 27, 2007
Joplin, MO
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Turbo, Fisher 1280-X, Aquapulse.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The detectives I am sure will be keeping an eye on the local pawn shops and electronic flyers will be circulated throughout the state. Hopefully the couple will get the treasure back in the future.

Narked1

Oct 11, 2005
Alexandria, Egypt
Yep, times are hard...

"The couple said the safe contained 14 rare silver coins from a shipwrecked Spanish boat." I truly hope that they have documentation to support that claim and that those 14 rare silver coins were insured.

Next time put everything in a safety deposit box!

Narked1

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Cappy: you posted -->

I've been waiting for two years now to see a big write up in the news about your mines etc.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Actually so have I, but, sniff, maybe this winter. Financing is ok, but final permits not here yet. As bad as Florida

When a case of San Miguel arrives at your house, you will know that it was legally, successfully opened.

Don Jose de La Mancha

p.s. did you really have any doubts that it would be?

bikerlawyer

Jan 9, 2008
Melbourne Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most homeowner's insurance policies have a limit for cash, jewels, etc of about $2,000 unless they are specifically insured on a separate rider which is usually too much $$$ to be worth it.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The companies that produce the safes are doing quite well right now...the sale of safes, is up to an all time high...people who work in those places have job security...no layoffs anytime soon!

Jimi D Pirate

Oct 28, 2004
Orlando, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000 + AQUA PULSE
Being a Professional Safeman for 35 years opening hundreds of safes in the Government and Civilian sector ... I have seen thousands of safe B & Es and most didn't get the booty. Typically it is some friend, friend of a friend or family member. Be careful what you share and who you invite to a party, you just might find that window unlatched!

A money chest is always the best way to go or safe deposit box , something that is thick and heavy like a 1" thick door and 1 1/2 walls anchored to the floor. When you have a quality safe chances are you may have damage done to the safe but no entry.

Burglars talk a big talk but most do not know what in the hell their doing when it comes to opening a safe, they see movies on tv and talk to 'professionals" in prison or jail. I have talked to some of those "professionals" they get it about half right, they haven't a clue, but if it's a cracker box or something you can pick up ... well there you go!

My point is, if your going to keep your stuff at home ( Escudos, Reales, Emeralds, Diamonds etc.) in a safe, buy a quality one and always anchor it to the floor. One of the best safes is one that is installed into the concrete slab. All you can do is to make it harder on the thief he is all about getting in and getting out.

Okay now would anyone like to purchase a safe! :wink:

Jimi D Pirate

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
ah some one says they caught the thieving dog -- keel haul the weasel says I.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
ivan salis said:
ah some one says they caught the thieving dog -- keel haul the weasel says I.

Keel-hauling isn't as fun as it used to be, with today's anti-fouling paint and all. No barnacles...

I say lash him to the mast...

harrrrrr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread