2892 South Congress Avenue

Lake Worth, FL 33461

PH: 561-965-8980

Followed by a full military graveside service at:

VA National Cemetery

6501 S. State Road 7 (US 441)

Lake Worth, FL

PH: 561-649-6489

A reception will be held, following the graveside service, at the home of Margaret Weller:

1818 17th Avenue N.

Lake Worth, FL 33460

PH: 561-588-2903

The Weller Family requests that in lieu of flowers, donations be made in the name of Robert M. Weller to:

Peggy Adams Animal Rescue League

3200 North Military Trail

West Palm Beach, FL 33409

PH: 561-686-3663

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
Re: Bob "Frogfoot" Weller

I never got to meet Bob. We had several conversations via phone and he always said I was welcomed to stop by. I had told myself for several years I was going to attend one of his seminars, but the opportunity never arose. I was always too busy with work or other projects.

He will be greatly missed. I know that his books were an inspiration to most people here who dreamed of "Salvaging Spanish Sunken Treasure." The wealth of knowledge he has past on over the years is immense, as well as the contributions he made to history through the pieces he brought up from the ocean floor.

I read in his obituary that the first gold he found was a wedding ring from the El Infante. It doesn't surprise me, but I think Bob must have found more gold rings than anyone else on the 1733 or 1715 fleets combined.

Rest in Peace!

barney

Oct 5, 2006
FLORIDA

While I did not know Bob as well as most others on this forum, I did have the privilege of meeting and talking to him earlier this year during the preparation of my new book. Although he did not know me before I called him on the phone, he kindly opened up his home to me, sharing numerous stories, answering questions, and allowing me the use of many images from his collection. While his house was full of fantastic artifacts, to me the real treasure was Mr. Weller himself. After several hours I reluctantly had to leave; I now wish I had taken the opportunity to visit with him again and listen to more of his wonderful tales. He will be missed....
Attached is a photo I snuck of him while he was flipping through his files during my visit.
Respectfully,
Michael Barnette

Attachments

• small Bob Weller 2.jpg
    small Bob Weller 2.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 437

Gypsy huntress

Aug 10, 2007
West Palm Beach, FL
Detector(s) used
White XL Pro; Minelab Excalibur; Garrett Infinium; Garrett 250; Fisher CZ-3D; Tesoro Silver Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I just got back from the funeral home visitation for Bob. Margaret seems to be holding up as well as can be expected. Bob was a long time member of our club, The Gold Coast Treasure Club. He and Margaret usually had a great program every year with many of their great finds from the 1715 fleet.

Bob will be missed. He lived life to the fullest. How many of us can say the same?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread