Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just thought I'd let you know it is out now.
You can view it here:
https://www.emailwire.com/release/16878-Mel-Fisher-Museum-Responds-To-Florida-State-Rule-1A31.html

For those who have been following the posts, I'm havivng my account set up again at Emailwire...like I used to have. This means everything had to be handled through email contact, rather than uploading through my account. It seems they got everything right except one small thing.

After the PR at the bottom it has:

Contact Information:
RSMclick
Doug Pope
Tel: (904) 838-6619
Email us

The RSMclick is for me, so I just emailed the editor at Emailwire concerning this, he should be able to change it. Back when had my account set up before, it was easy to login and change things after a PR was already out. I also emailed him another PR I had put together myself.

They are supposed to send me an email once finished setting up my account :coffee2:

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Red_desert: great job! Thank you! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Red_desert

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mad4wrecks said:
Red_desert: great job! Thank you! :thumbsup:

You're welcome! I'm hoping this is going to be picked up by some of the other RSS feeds that distribute news headline code to websites. We then might see it pop up on many thousands of websites around the world. :icon_study:

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Randy, I honor your genrosity in making this happen. All of us working together will make a difference. Way to go!

Darren

OP
OP
Red_desert

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Darren in NC said:
Randy, I honor your genrosity in making this happen. All of us working together will make a difference. Way to go!

Darren

Oh yeahhhh...it has been like hard work, believe me it will prove to be worth it. I just tried Googling the title for the first time. Usually nothing shows up until 2-3 days, tons of results after 5-6 days. But I see Google News got it posted in Florida State news...with a link to the PR.

http://scholar.google.co.kr/news?num=30&hl=&ned=uk&ie=UTF-8&q=florida+state&ct=rels_4

They have it like...

Mel Fisher Museum Responds To Florida State Rule 1A-31
Emailwire - 18 hours ago
... it less likely that Floridians will ever have a full picture of the state’s long maritime history. “Florida’s sea beds are assailed by storms and tides. ...

To Google a PR, you should place the entire title between quotes.

Like this:
"Mel Fisher Museum Responds To Florida State Rule 1A-31"

:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Red_desert

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
******News*****

To all it may concern....
Port Orange Wire - Topix
http://www.topix.net/wire/city/port-orange-fl

Mel Fisher Museum Responds To Florida State Rule 1A-31Read the original story

Yesterday | Emailwire.com

"SEASPC has hired Port Orange administrative attorney Mary D. Hansen to challenge the Division's rule at the hearing." St.
Comment?

Also I see RedTram news search engine got it too. :icon_sunny:

Entire PR used as a story article on The Earth Times...
http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/...onds-to-florida-state-rule-1a-31,577595.shtml

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Red_desert,

If I can get permission to copy the article, along with the links, I'll post it on my web page.

My page is feedburner active, along with RSS, all the subscribers will get the page, and I'm crawled by googlebot on a regular basis.

It might help a little.

GIB

OP
OP
Red_desert

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guy In Back said:
Red_desert,

If I can get permission to copy the article, along with the links, I'll post it on my web page.

My page is feedburner active, along with RSS, all the subscribers will get the page, and I'm crawled by googlebot on a regular basis.

It might help a little.

GIB

Sure, feel free to do so. :coffee2:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Done, thanks.

OP
OP
Red_desert

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Southern Crosses has just published the entire article...
Florida treasure hunters in jeopardy… Rule 1A-31
http://www.southerncrosses.com/2008/10/16/florida-treasure-hunters-in-jeopardy-rule-1a-31

About the Author: I'm a retired deputy sheriff turned sailor and author. Life is always bringing me new challenges with lots of interesting travels along the Florida coastline.

Here is something neat, someone in the photo section of In And Around Port Orange posted a photo of themselves...followed by a photo of almost all the PR...followed by a quote from Bill O'Reilly Viewer Mail...and a link to it below.

http://www.portorangeimages.com/In and around Port Orange.htm

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

architecad

Nov 25, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX-II, GTI 2500, Sea hunter, Eagle Eye two box
Not now, I'm busy working in my office as to elaborate my arguments, soon I will post it.

Arch.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Presently, the Florida Fish and Wildlife commission is attempting to restrict anchoring my boat overnight to 3 days, with no more than 10 days in any calender year. That basically means I would have to stay tied to the dock or a mooring ball the rest of the year.

I question rules that are asinine in nature and serve no purpose other than making more rules. I see some items of value in 1A-31 in very limited quantities. Therefore I question it as well.

Why will this rule make us as a maritime society, residents of the state of Florida, and future generations, eligible to receive a higher quality of life as a result of the rule change?

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe that rule for anchoring is so that boats are checked on all the time to prevent them from sinking,then being abandoned to have the state or cities foot the bill for thier salvage and environmental clean up.Too many boats are left at anchor for too long and sink or break anchor only to do more damage to private property and marinas and other boats,plus they become a navigation problem at night floating in the channels with no lights.Plus theres the theft aspect.Thieves see a boat not lived on and unattended for longer than 3 days or months.Those boats a free for all for pirates stealing parts or worse the whole boat.Boats are alot safer at a private dock or a marina.

pcolaboy

Sep 5, 2006
Pensacola, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
FISHEYE said:
Maybe that rule for anchoring is so that boats are checked on all the time to prevent them from sinking,then being abandoned to have the state or cities foot the bill for thier salvage and environmental clean up.Too many boats are left at anchor for too long and sink or break anchor only to do more damage to private property and marinas and other boats,plus they become a navigation problem at night floating in the channels with no lights.Plus theres the theft aspect.Thieves see a boat not lived on and unattended for longer than 3 days or months.Those boats a free for all for pirates stealing parts or worse the whole boat.Boats are alot safer at a private dock or a marina.

I agree with most of what you're saying here but I don't think that people who take responsible care for their vessel should suffer for those who are clearly negligent. Thieves and vandals wreak havoc at private docks and marinas just as much, if not more frequently than those that may be moored. I kept my boat for a few years at a very popular marina two slips down from a Marine Patrol vessel. In those few years, my humble 21' boat had been vandalized and burglarized over 6 times. Luckily, the most they ever got away with was stainless steel hardware and a few tanks of fuel thanks to my precautions.

The law should focus on enforcement of derelict or negligently moored craft rather than those who demonstrate responsibility.

Just a thought.

Pcola

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
99% of the boats that are anchored off are sailboats.Sailboaters are broke most of the time.Marinas know this and wont and dont rent slips to them.They dont keep thier boats in shape like us motor boaters do.Most sailboats anchored off ared even worth getting insurance for.Marinas require that you have at least $300,000 liability,that costs aprox $500 a year.When i was at finns marina in sebastian i watched 6 sailboats break anchor in a light winds.One boat drifted for 10 miles before the marine patrol caught up with it.Another boat we had to chase down with my skiff and bring it to the marina,it was headed right for a 55 foot hat.That same sailboat broke loose 12 times in less than 2 months.Another sailboat anchored off in shallow water sank due to the owner not fixing a keel leak.Then another sank cause a thief broke out a window and stole the mans battery.No water pump.We refloated that one,the owner didnt want to pay so we ended up with the title and boat.There must be over 50 sailboats from vero to daytona beach that are abandoned or sunk right now.Mooring balls are the best idea.Just anchor the ball and chain to a old engine block or fill up a plastic 55 gallon barrel with rebar sticking out in a x pattern.It would take a cat 5 to move that chunk of concrete.But your deck cleats wouldnt hold for more than 3 hours in that wind.Unless it was a all metal boat.Sailboat trailers are cheep!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread