Drug smugglers 1715 shipwreck

WaveJunky757

Jan 31, 2018
Virginia Beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stumbling across a platter that large makes you wonder.... what else was in that hole for them to obtain wealth like that. The Queens Jewels? Also where were they getting their research or was it blind luck

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The way I was told is that it was a lobster dive that the initial discovery was made. The initial discovery was made by a then recently released inmate who was staying at a beach front cabana house owned by a friend who was trying to help this person get back on his feet. Tom was also friends with this former pirate and was there the day of the first discovery. I can't tell you thats 100% truth, but thats the story I was told. I believe tom Jhon ruck....was already laundering money for the cali cartel through the purchase of illegal treasure finds. This was before that fateful day of there big discovery.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WaveJunky757

Jan 31, 2018
Virginia Beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AARC thanks for the reply and the link to that article. Very informative. I Wasant implying they had found the actual wrecksites themselves, just the things on them. General locations were somewhat known back then. I was referring to the actual discovery of their “stuff”. We’re they out there blind at night and stumbled on it, or was there some “inside knowledge” of specific locations. Seems like they knew exactly where stuff was beforehand. Fascinating stuff.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mutal friend of mine has been talking on the beach with Mr Ruck this week in vero.....apparently Mr Ruck is in good condition and still walking the white sands of vero !! I asked if he would pass my number along to the son so we can catch up. The son is also still in vero. Really looking forward to catching up with some old pirate friends....maybe I can straighten out some of these treasure stories and locale. My mutal friend is still vacationing here in the keys but has promised to help us get back in contact !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ropefish second article tells some of the names involved....jack murph the surf being the famous name involved.....he's the one who new how to dispose of rare antiquities in foreign countries. Vanbuskirk was a girl friends step dad if I remember right. He had a pantera at one point. He was a loose cannon....accidentally shot a whole in a rare vase with a rifle while we were all in the house.....he would throw real handgernades in the ocean at tracking station beach. He also had a messerschmidt airplane from WW2....he would dive bomb us kids and fire an air cannon as he strafed us getting off the school bus on A1A !! What a group of crazies we grew up with !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well....I was up on the treasure coast with my detector in hand , and BOOOM....there he is tom ruck....we have been in regular contact now for a few weeks and yes....for the most part much of what I've said is indeed confirmed !! Was having coffee every morning with tom at cravings ice cream shop on the beach!! We talked treasure every morning before I was off to hunt. OH THE STORIES IVE BEEN HEARING !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20221008_093632.jpg

Just a normal guy who lived an adventurous life !! The stories are mainly just that with speculation, and exaggeration making these tales even more fantastic. We all made mistakes in life and tom paid his debt in full. He's just living a peaceful life and enjoying the golden years. As for the treasure location....its pretty well known for anyone who has talked with him....and there's probably more....it would take perfect timing and incredible conditions to even glimpse a glitter of gold....continuous renourishment will keep it covered because of the unique conditions there !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread