Whats the latest on the San Jose off Cartagena?

Land-Sea

Jan 27, 2006
High Desert of California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's the latest on the San Jose off Cartagena?

Hello, Does anyone have any news of the San Jose off the coast of Columbia. The last I read about it was the legal wrangling going on with SSA around Dec of 2007. I find this wreck and its history quite interesting. Is this thing all tied up or are there other companies searching for it also? And or can anyone join in the search? What I have read so far makes me believe that the site they have proposed is not certain, and that the evidence was not proven. I guess what I am asking is; if I come up with a pretty tight area of probability, will Columbia give one a shot at finding it or does SSA have sole rights. I understand that there may be a legal mess no matter what, but if there is a chance to search for the wreck, I would love to give the research a try. I just ordered the book by Phillips on the San Jose and can't wait to read more.

Thanks for any help.

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Re: What's the latest on the San Jose off Cartagena?

Land-Sea, The last I heard is the the Columbian Supreme Court is allowing the Treasure Hunting Company to go forward with Salvage. I could be wrong but I think the ruling came down in July. I don't remember if it was 07 or 08. I'm sure that you can look it up on the computer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread