Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold, 1715 treasures found
By staff report
June 16, 2004

SEBASTIAN ? June has turned into another golden month for the Sebastian-based Mel Fisher Center and Museum.

"Today's the day," reportedly yelled shipmates Chaz Francovigilla and Jeff Croy as Gold Hound captain Greg Bounds notified center officials Sunday he had found an ornate gold cross and medallion.
Bounds and his crew are working the 1715 Spanish Silver Plate Fleet shipwrecks under a contract with the center, which is authorized by the state to conduct the salvage operation. The cross and medallion were found on the Cabin Wreck site, just south of the Sebastian Inlet.
The artifacts later were found to be a missing piece of a rosary recovered 10 years ago in 1994 by Fort Pierce treasure hunter Demostines Molinar. The same area in 1993 and 1994 yielded four intact gold rosaries, 10 pairs of gold cufflinks and other items. Bounds hopes to add to the list this week.
"It's really tough to find it all," said Taffi Fisher Abt, director of the museum and center. "It's a big ocean with a lot of deep sand and Mother Nature makes it difficult."
The new artifacts will be on display at the Mel Fisher Treasure Museum, 1322 U.S. 1, by Friday.
The salvage season began in late May and usually lasts for about 100 days. Last June, the center's first find of a season was a small gold oval, which contained a gold cross studded with seven emeralds, on a 5-foot gold chain, along with two emerald and gold rings.

C

Charles,Oak Island

I know, eat our hearts out ......................

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Sam, that was EIGHT YEARS AGOI!

dougofpa

Banned
May 18, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey guy....that was ummmmm...8 years ago

Gary Drayton

Dec 28, 2007
Fort Lauderdale Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had the pleasure of meeting both John Brandon and Greg Bounds this weekend while beach hunting on the Treaure Coast. It blows my mind thinking about all the great treasure finds both these guys have found and the fact that even after all those amazing treasure finds they are still out on the beach working hard and searching for more.

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Elite & Sovereign XS, Minelab Equinox 800 and Aquapulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gary Drayton said:
I have had the pleasure of meeting both John Brandon and Greg Bounds this weekend while beach hunting on the Treaure Coast. It blows my mind thinking about all the great treasure finds both these guys have found and the fact that even after all those amazing treasure finds they are still out on the beach working hard and searching for more.

Not that amazing really... Its dang "Treasure Fever" Gary... Once you actually find something, it feeds the desire to find more! You know that...

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And to think I was just going to post our measly finds so far this year. I think I will just shrink away into a corner for now.
The link didn't work but congrats on a successful year on the Treasure Coast.:hello2:
ZDD

Last edited:

thetigers2

Apr 20, 2009
Homosassa,Fl.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign XS & my good old eyes...Oh and my Mischievous Mermaid a helping...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i would love to see any recent finds as a result of sandys erosion or this weeks erosion posted! as of right now, i cant find any posts of recent finds.....not even one!!!!!
chuck.

dougofpa

Banned
May 18, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i would love to see any recent finds as a result of sandys erosion or this weeks erosion posted! as of right now, i cant find any posts of recent finds.....not even one!!!!!
chuck.

Dito

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread