2 Box detectors on the beach

chipveres

Jul 9, 2007
Hollywood, Florida
I tried my Garrett Master Hunter with the two-box attachment, just to get some practice. It would detect whole beer cans or larger. Since I was going ashore to search for a cache this was the performance I wanted.

Chip V.

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Voldbjerg said:
What is a two box detector?

/V

Its a deterctor with 2 boxes ;D ;D ;D :D :wink: Just kidding...

The one I have is exactly that....2 boxes...you can attach a shaft and use it by your self or it can be used by 2 people, each one holding a box so that you can cover a larger area...this are used to find large targets really deep...some of them can detec a 3ft size target 20 ft deep...

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Voldbjerg said:
What is a two box detector?

/V

Go to "www.garrett.com" Under the hobby division look for the Master Hunter. You can get one for the GTI 2500 or for the Master Hunter CX+ which is what I use. Excellent machine.

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Discovery's TF900 has always been considered the best by most cache hunters. I used to own one (before getting into shipwrecks) after extensive research on two-box detecotrs. White's TM808 was built by Discovery as well. I thought I heard White's wasn't using them anymore. Maybe someone else can shed light on the latest. I've heard Garrett's is okay. Whatever you do, don't use the Gemini - too many false signals.

Never tried one on the beach. A 1m x 1m pulse loop would be better and not give false signals.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 Box detectors are great if you have a back hoe to dig your giant holes.Just remember.If you come to florida,dont forget to fill in your holes and take your trash that you find with you.

OP
OP
sabre15

sabre15

Dec 14, 2008
Tampa Bay Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Discovery TF 900
I live in Florida, hence I will leave the trash i find in Florida!

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Steve Ryland wrote an excellent book about how to use the Fisher two-box. It certainly sounds to me like that would be the machine for a very large piece of metal - such as an anchor or to follow an anchor chain.

While you would probably find a buried chest of coins (have you read anything by L. Frank Hudson? Every Florida pirate buried dozens of chest of treasure!) you would probably miss scattered individual coins on the beach.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

sabre15: Have you heard about the new pirate movie? It's rated "ARRGUH."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread