Crystal skull believers seek to unlock its powers

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
By JOHN CHRISTOPHER FINE
January 28, 2009

Ocean explorers in West Palm Beach found the treasure of Hernan Cortez. Long after the conqueror of Mexico's death, his family was shipping some of his personal fortune back to Spain. The cargo contained Aztec crystal skulls. The ship was lost in a fire at sea. It burned to the water line, then sank in deep water off Florida's coast.

Diver, art expert and undersea explorer Dr. Victor Benilous was contacted by a representative of the Cortez family and given information about the shipwreck. Benilous was well known for his work on the oldest shipwreck in the western hemisphere, found off Juno Beach. The information he was given was sparse.

With the use of world-renowned psychics, Benilous and his team of divers located the wreck. One of the psychics was taken aboard the dive vessel. "Dive here," the psychic said. Deep below the spot where the psychic said dive, not 10 feet from the place where the anchor was dropped, an Aztec crystal skull was recovered.

Power? Special properties? Healing and spiritual abilities? Margaret Ann Lembo thinks so. She is the affable owner of The Crystal Garden on North Federal Highway in Boynton Beach. She invited Bill Homann from Indiana to speak at the Boynton Woman's Club and bring the famous Mitchell-Hedges Crystal Skull with him.

He came to Boynton Beach with a presentation that showed F.A. Mitchell-Hedges and his daughter, Anna, during their exploration and digs in Central America. The vintage photographs depict the jungle around the Mayan city of Lubaantun in Belize, where the crystal skull was found.

The crystal skull was found in 1924 inside a pyramid.

"It is a perfectly made quartz crystal. Anatomically correct for a Meso-American female aged 25 to 29. The jaw and the top cranial part are the same crystal. It was one piece of crystal at one time. It is very hard to separate crystal. It's brittle. The skull contains three prisms and two lenses built into the crystal skull. The only way you can do that is in zero gravity," Homann said.

The crystal skull itself was perfectly smooth, clear-glass colored with a detachable bottom jaw that could be made to open if the skull was pulled back. After the lecture, Lembo took attendees in the auditorium by rows and lined those up that wished to place their hands near the crystal skull to do so.

Linda Loparnos, a pilot from Tarpon Springs, made the long drive to attend. She placed her own small crystal skull on the table in front of the Mitchell-Hedges skull and placed her hands on either side of the large crystal.

"I bought it here tonight," Loparnos said of the small crystal skull. "I cleared it with my own intentions so I could charge it. It came to me in a meditation while I was sleeping. The only thing I'd heard of crystal skulls before was on Indiana Jones. I read about this program in a magazine. I had to come see it. I'm on call, that's why I'm dressed in uniform."

Benilous echoed the sentiment that ancient crystal skulls are symbols of special powers. They were used for healing and were said to possess the ability for learning and knowledge. Time magazine featured Benilous on a cover story about treasures recovered from the deep after his discovery in 1993 of the Aztec skulls. There were then only 12 known to exist in the world.

"We don't even know how the ancients made these things or if they made them or if they were there when they built their pyramids and cities," Benilous said from his office in West Palm Beach.

"I really believe in what the crystal skull is all about. A lot of people find it interesting. Others have a greater connection. Call it a skull of love. Love for people, animals, plants. We are all connected. The time now is speeding up. Things are happening. By 2012, according to the Maya, it is the end of a 26,000-year cycle. The change depends on the consciousness of the human world. How we go through this change. If we can open up to a higher consciousness, it can be a beautiful thing," Homann said.

divewrecks

Bronze Member
Sep 7, 2004
Down South - Marietta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE (land), Aquapulse AQ1B (sea), Fisher CZ-20 (water, beach), Fisher 1266X (woods)
The SciFi channel did a special on this a while back. Hint: if you know how to download torrent files a basic search should be able to find it.

Stan

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thought they where all found to be fakes

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I was at Dr. Victor Benilous "office" just two weeks ago in West Palm Beach. Besides housing his company, Archaeological Discovery Ventures LLC., it is also a pizza restaurant called Ambrosia and the Palm Beach Theological Seminary College! ::)

I am not sure why John Christopher Fine is bringing this fairy tale back after so many years.

MORE AND BEYOND OSSY

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2008
BRISBANE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diverlynn, thanks for the thread. The documentary I saw showed they where all fakes, The skulls under microscope showed modern machine marks.
Do you have any more info on the Cortes ship and what else was found on it, I'm not sure but are the heirs of Cortes family claiming ownership
Thanks Lynn
Ossy

MORE AND BEYOND OSSY

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2008
BRISBANE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
brethern of the coast said:
Ossy, there was no Cortez ship, there was no salvage.

Just because it is in print, doesn't make it true.
Chill man, I was asking a question, because I know of someone who is acting for the Cortes heirs. if someone has better information
I will be happy to know :icon_sunny:
Ossy

OP
OP
diverlynn

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Mad4wrecks

Since you know this guy, does he deny the story?

Time magazine featured Benilous on a cover story about treasures recovered from the deep after his discovery in 1993 of the Aztec skulls.

I am shocked that Time was also fooled.

Diverlynn

SebastianSam

Jul 27, 2008
Fort Pierce, FL.
Detector(s) used
Lee Harding pulse
allen_idaho, you are correct in a sense (athough the Time magazine article diverlynn refers too came out in 1993). The purpose of newspapers, magazines and even TV shows, is to sell advertising. (or sell soap, as my broadcasting professor used to say). Sadly, it is nothing to do with the truth as much as it is about selling advertising & subscriptions.

mariner

Apr 4, 2005
As the sole agent and personal representative of the current heir to Hernan Cortes, I would like to hear from anybody who has any evidence that this wreck exists. Personally, I doubt it. The story about the so-called Isabella emerald is totally bogus, and I suspect that this whole website is just a front for selling emeralds imported (perhaps illegally) from Columbia at a premium. The gold bar shown in several of the magazine articles was displayed in an exhibition in New York in 1984, ten years before Victor Benilous supposedly discovered this wreck, as being from 1715 or 1722. Victor claims he has hours of video footage on the recovery of this wreck. I defy him to produce any of it.

Lynn, can you confirm where you saw the John C Fine story. I have been trying, without success, to contact him for some time to get his take on whether this wreck actually exists. I am really surprised that a man of his reputation is prepared to lend credibility to this supposed discovery (and illegal looting).

Mariner

mariner

Apr 4, 2005
Perhaps I should also mention that it is not true that Victor Benilous was asked by any of Cortes' descendents to find and recover this supposed wreck.

Mariner

Bobadilla

Sep 25, 2006
Dominican Republic
Hello Diver Lynn,

Very interesting article. There are two groups of persons there - believers and people tat thinks that all the crystal sculls were fake. Some of them for sure but at least one - I belive - was real. If one scull is real, it is proof and it does not matter that the others are fake. At least my opinion...

By the way, regarding Cortez treasure, it was a ship with his wealth that was sent back to Spain and that never arrived.

Regards to all,
Lobo
P.S.
Lynn, I will be with NCR next week. Are you still looking for a temporary job.....?

mariner

Apr 4, 2005
Stan,

I have tried to play these videos but all that I get is an advert for one of their video games. What's the secret?

Mariner

divewrecks

Bronze Member
Sep 7, 2004
Down South - Marietta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE (land), Aquapulse AQ1B (sea), Fisher CZ-20 (water, beach), Fisher 1266X (woods)
mariner said:
Stan,

I have tried to play these videos but all that I get is an advert for one of their video games. What's the secret?

Mariner

I just posted a link to the documentary that I happened to find from a search. Someone laoned me a recording of the show. I guess my post was a little misleading - sorry.

Stan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread