wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom Funk, senior archeologist and Satellite High School history teacher presents artifacts from a 17th century shipwreck discovery from off the coast of Melbourne Beach, Florida October 2 and 16, at 7 P.M. at the Melbourne Beach Community Center.
After the presentation, there will be a discussion period, artifact viewing, and refreshments. A donation of $15 is requested. Call Ann Downing at (321) 676-0660 for tickets and more information.

cobra

Nov 8, 2004
Hey Wreckdiver;

Cobra here. I assume these artifacts were brought up by the Polly L crew. As you and I have often conversed here, we both
have opinions about wrecks north of the inlet. I'm looking forward to meeting Mr Funk and discussing activity north of the inlet. Looking forward to his program. See you there?

tom yerian

Jun 25, 2005
Fla Keys
Detector(s) used
Whites-Fishers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wreckdiver1715 said:
Tom Funk, senior archeologist and Satellite High School history teacher presents artifacts from a 17th century shipwreck discovery from off the coast of Melbourne Beach, Florida October 2 and 16, at 7 P.M. at the Melbourne Beach Community Center.
After the presentation, there will be a discussion period, artifact viewing, and refreshments. A donation of $15 is requested. Call Ann Downing at (321) 676-0660 for tickets and more information.
Senior archeologist ? Highschool Teacher ? Is this the best post as a proffesional he can find ? Is he Ma. accrediated ? Just curious as to his qualifications.......Capt. Tom ??? ???

OP
OP
wreckdiver1715

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cobra, I was unfortunately not able to attend last night?s presentation. Was it a good presentation, and did he have interesting artifacts to display?

seagreen12

Oct 10, 2005
Sat beach Fl.
man I am bummed I actually live in Sat bch but I am presently working in Iraq
when not on the mission I am lucky enough to have access to several of the mans former residences i have spent many hours pounding walls looking for stuff.
I have worked on several projects on distant islands but never been able to do any searching in Florida too much to do when I get back for mys short visits. If not working over here I am a commercial diver with all the kit anyone looking for a hand let me know
s I plan to make the wife happy by not coming back after thanksgiving
goodluck

OP
OP
wreckdiver1715

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seagreen12, welcome to the shipwreck forum. Sorry about your current location, I have done three tours in that hole, mostly in Kuwait and up at Tallil AB in Iraq with my USAF reserve Search and Rescue unit. Prior to 9-11, I was providing Combat Survival Training to the Columbian National Police. Unfortunately that ended as we entered the global war on terrorism, and no longer had the time or resources to continue that program.
When you get back to the beach side, drop me a line, and I?ll buy you a few beers, and swap war stories.

Stay safe!

Q

Attachments

• treasurehunt 053.jpg
    treasurehunt 053.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 286
  • treasurehunt 053.jpg
    treasurehunt 053.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 286

seagreen12

Oct 10, 2005
Sat beach Fl.
WD1715 Thanks for the welcome, small war aint it ;) Seems like with your background our paths might have Xd! I spent time in peru and during the 80s did some ops out of tampa in Africa and CA.
Ping me off line if you want to chat I am leaving for a mission at 0630 baghdad time and may get caught out might have to RON at Balad or Kirkuk.
Do you do anything related to diving near home? I need a hobby when I get back but my time is pretty limited with wife and kids plus I feel guilty cause i actually have fun over here!
have you ever worked the old cause way near S. MI and accross to CCBGC I have found some cool old bottles from 30s and spoons in the mud you can do it on snorkle and the water has lately been clear. RU PJ or CC?

seagreen12

Oct 10, 2005
Sat beach Fl.
PC Thanks for that!
I used to have a great collection but in the early 90s I moved into a boat and dumped most of my stuff off to old GF(s) or historic museums much to my present wifes dismay.
As far as the HP over the Glock you take what you can get here, I carry a Tobuk AK-47 Iraqi made folder with short barrel (7.62) I paid 250 dollars for it still in cosmoline! the Glock is sturdy though the biggest issue is reliable ammo the Iraqi stuff is horrible.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions