average depth of Spanish ship wrecks

keysync

Jan 24, 2006
Lake Placid, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I certainly don't know how much treasure or how many cache's there are in this country but seems to me the treasure tracker is vague in it's directional capabilities. Any one can point a finger and say there's treasure that way now go look. I suppose I'm being ignorant.
Another point for me wondering about the actual usefulness of this treasure tracker is :

Why in gods green earth would you do geophsical surveys for a living.

I know if I had something that could find treasure in the ocean up to 10 miles away, I would be rowing a boat if I had to.

Great idea
Maybe it's better than I think it is.
Maybe it's not.

my .02 also.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Whatever happened to your invention? Did you get rich? Did you take the $25,000 challenge? I cant pull up your website.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Why resurect a 5 year old post? Its obviously a dead subject and "Colorado" is not around anymore.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I just rediscovered this old post by accident while searching for something else and was curious how the invention panned out.
Colorados email with TN is still active or it would be deleted. Are they still in business? Do you know him?

Yes, a very old post. Seems like yesterday. I guess its too late too delete it now. :-\

OP
OP
C

Colorado

Greenie
Feb 2, 2004
hello it has been a long time since I have posted here. I recieved an e-mail notifying me that there was a reply. Which I too was supprised that the post was still here. To answer your questions.
Nope not rich!
and of course it is obveious to assume the instrumentation doesn't work. There now see many of you were right! Colorado

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
shipwrecks of old are lot like modern wrecks in one respect --(seldom does a ship just "break up" due to structurail failure in deep waters --it very very rare) a vessel sinking normally occurs due to striking the bottom in shallow waters or running "aground" in one way or another and often in bad weather -- loss of steering (rudder) or power -- if a sailing vessel having its sails blown to shreads --being blown ashore into the shallow waters -- in hurricane force winds is no picnic -- with the vessel "bucking" up and down "pounding" the bottom" out of her as she hits bottom unti the hull breaks up .

old spanish treasure vessels often ran not more than about 20 foot deep in draft -- with huge waves say 30 foot the from top to the trough of the wave 50 feet and under is "prime waters " --with 20 to 40 foot peak zones -- but shallower water and the beach areas can have wreckage also due to it being "blown" ashore

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The 1589 fleet was hit by a hurricane and the 4 largest galleons sank in deep water at the mouth of the Bahama Channel. The Santa Catalina had her "prow open up" and sank with all hands. Yes, this is a rare case but poorly maintained vessels do sink in deep water.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
I am a old seaman from a almost 300 year long old sea going family ( I am the last of a long line sadly - there are no more sea going folks in the family since I retired) like I said its a very "rare event" when a vessel just "falls to pieces" and breaks up or sinks without striking something , massive structurial failure can happen but normally it only occurs only to very old rather unkept up vessels which are unseaworthy to begin with -- and most seaman will not get on such a "death trap", since they do want to live after all. -- in modern terms todays seaman call these "floating disastars "--- "rust buckets" or "death traps"

the vast majority (99%) of the spanish treasure vessels that wrecked -- wrecked in shallow waters due to hurricanes or extreme bad weather *--- you see before 1730 --the spanish (like all sea going folks of that time ) used "dead reckoning" navagation --using known "land marks" on sea charts to plot their course by --this of course required the to be within - "sight" of land --thus in shallow coastal waters --- if a violent storm was to strike them and render them unable to get out into the safer "deep waters" offshore (say a broken rudder or shredded sails - broken mast) the wave action would drive her aground breaking her up --

deep water ship wrecks were mainly caused by one of two things --- structrail failure (weak hull / breaking up due to hull being over stressed in bad weather) or military type action / warfare.

White Feather

Nov 19, 2008
Ellenton, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster, Bounty Hunter, Propwash...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello2: Ahoy Ivan, another cause of serious structural failure is "to much insurance". :headbang: :laughing9:

Attachments

• Marathon & Travels 034.jpg
    Marathon & Travels 034.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 1,223
  • Houseboat Insurance.jpg
    Houseboat Insurance.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 1,208

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Colorado said:
hello it has been a long time since I have posted here. I recieved an e-mail notifying me that there was a reply. Which I too was supprised that the post was still here. To answer your questions.
Nope not rich!
and of course it is obveious to assume the instrumentation doesn't work. There now see many of you were right! Colorado
sorry. Thanks for the honesty. :icon_thumright: 8)

Bobadilla

Sep 25, 2006
Dominican Republic
Hello Colorado,

Just to answer your original question - according to the statistics, 90% of all shipwrecks in the Caribbean are not deeper than 30 feet of water. It has a logic. They mainly struck the uncharted reefs or were driven to the shore by hurricanes. Viceversa - and again according to the statistics - 90% of all the shipwrecks in the Meditarrean are deeper than 100 feet of water.
I hope it helps.

Lobo

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Colorado said:
Nope not rich!
Hello Colorado. Originally I thought it was cool that you are honest but now I have a question.

You had a website and Treasure Hunting business where you were paid to use this invention to do surveys on finding gold and treasure. I believe it was called the Treasure_Tracker. My question is, are you now admitting to scamming people or were you scammed by the inventor into believing this machine really worked? ???

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
big cy -- if I remember right --- he was talking about possible water use -- maybe it might work on land but not water --or as you say --he might have got "snake bit" by a slickster. ---doubt if he was doing the scamming he would post about it -- common sense tells ya that. :wink: :icon_thumright:

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Colorado said:
and of course it is obveious to assume the instrumentation doesn't work. There now see many of you were right!

It was obvious to begin with.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Carl-NC said:
Colorado said:
and of course it is obveious to assume the instrumentation doesn't work. There now see many of you were right!

It was obvious to begin with.
Long time Carl. I was wondering if you were still here.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
SWR said:
I think Kelly was the creator of that device.
So Kelly scammed ColoradoMike and he fell for it? Together they opened a business and at some later point Mike realized it was all a scam and money was lost and the business went under? I would have liked to hear Mike tell the story but does that sound about right? I remember they flew to several different states with this machine and the results were impressive from what Mike said.

bradyboy

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2007
Clearwater, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So we are saying the device dosent work?
I have been courious about the positive posts from members that have posted less than 10 times
Brady

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread