average depth of Spanish ship wrecks

N

Noble Metal

As to accidents near land, 'Average' depth I understand is 18 meters.

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
colorado, as most of these were sunk due to hurricanes, and being sure that they would be trying to outrun the storm, and when they saw it was overtaking them i would think they would head toward land....this would seem to me that they could be found at nearly any depth, even as close as they could get to land before grounding......just my opinion though, which may not be worth much.........gldhntr

N

Noble Metal

That is exactly true. Most wrecks that are known of wrecking are from hitting the rocks, and are not much depth..

So grab your scuba gear :)

OP
OP
C

Colorado

Greenie
Feb 2, 2004
Thank you Guy's,
For responding. After I made the post I realized that it may appear to be a dumb question to you guy's.
I don't have any knowledge of water treasure hunting whatsoever.
The reason I ask is that I have developed an instrument that can locate Gold or Silver from a distance.
My wife and I were on south Padre Island a while ago and I discovered that my unit works under water also.
I hadn't even considered if it would work under water.
So if the average ship wrecks can be found with in a divers depth range. (which I don't know what that would be either)
Then the unit could be used in that manner also with very little modifications.
But if I have to build a unit that is self contained with no diver assistance and all the data transmitted via cable to the surface.
Well then it's gonna take some time to do. and I can do it, but wasn't sure what the average depth of a Spanish ship wreck was.
This is encouraging to know now it won't take much to have a unit up and ruining for underwater exploration. Thanks to all of you.

C

cm5838

what kind of instrument, what amounts can it detect and at what range?
charles

OP
OP
C

Colorado

Greenie
Feb 2, 2004
Hey Guy's,
I understand your skepticism, and don't blame you one bit. I am aware of the nonsense out there also.
Seeing is believing and I know that's what it takes, but I didn't ask this question to cause any disruption.
I sincerely don't know anything about ocean treasure hunting and simply thought that I would ask someone who knew
the possible average depth. That's all!!
and I thank you guy's for your comments.

To answer the first question. it's an instrument that I have developed with the help of a friend who is an electronics engineer.
It simply sends out a signal that finds gold or silver. once the signal line is developed I have an antenna component that hones in on that signal line. I am in the midst of having a web site put together and will have a video stream demonstrating the unit.
I don't need any investors nor am I selling the unit. I do want to do surveys for interested parties and can demonstrate the units capabilities in which they can make there mind up for there selves if it works. Thank you very much for the information that you guy's share. I wish you all best of luck in your endeavors.

C

cm5838

i am still curious, when you get the web site up post a link please.
Charles

OP
OP
C

Colorado

Greenie
Feb 2, 2004
I still have to make a video demonstation to give to them.
it will be about 30 days before it's up and running.
and again I understand the skepticisim.? Kelly Brown/Colorado

OP
OP
C

Colorado

Greenie
Feb 2, 2004
Hello Cornelius,
I am sorry to hear you feel that way, with out attempting to see for yourself if what I am saying is a complete line of BS.
I am taken back by so much hostility!
Sir, I am sorry that the mere knowledge of such capabilities transgress your closed mind to the point that you would call names
with out attempting to see with your own eyes if something like this is possible.
Does all of your knowledge do that to you?
Here is whats pathetic!
I am a simple painting contractor with a fifth grade education. Hell I couldn't even write this with out spell check!
I seen with my own eyes an instrument perform the same way in 1990. The difference between you and I Sir, Is I wasn't smart enough to know what I am doing can't be done. so I did it.
Apparently all of your engineering knowledge tells you it can't be done!
Cornelius, Don't take it so personal. If what I am saying is a line of BS. I will fade away and you will never hear about me and at worst I will have made a fool of myself. at my expense not yours!
So Why so angry?

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
This is getting interesting.....5th grade education eh....

ColoradoMike

Apr 4, 2004
Colorado
OK I don't want to step into anything here but I don't see what is so hard to believe. If everyone thought that way what would we have. Hell we'd be living in caves still.
I know Kelly & I have seen the thing this dumb painter invented.(LOL) It works, & I mean really works. I am going to take Carl's $25k off him as soon as I can find time to run out there & pick up his check. The test being a formality only.
Kelly is honest & one of the brightest guys I have ever met. He happens to be one of the few true treasure hunters on this forum.
Anyway that's my opinion. Just for the record Kelly doesn't need any investors I & half a dozen others will had him a blank check anytime he needs it.

If you can help him by answering his question help him if not leave him alone he isn't looking to rip anyone off. He is a good guy.
For the record units that track gold are not new, the real ones can't be bought, well that's no really true there is a unit called a QED that sells for $250K that really works too but Kelly's unit is a lot better.

Hey put him to a test you bury a gold coin stash or a few bars if he finds with his crazy unit he keeps it. How is that for a challenge?

Mike

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
some of you fellows sure get me...you will get on here and bash a man for his education, or because of him posting a question regarding treasure hunting.. is it because of a peice of detecting equipment he may have that might actually work, of which you probably know absolutely nothing about ?........it would seem to me that grown men would rather be inquisitive, and possibly try to find out all they could about it before getting on here and acting as if he is a total nut.....he has stated it is not for sale, which precludes any advertisement/sales claims....he has not asked for any investors, just asked a simple question......back to the days of guilty until proven innocent, and try to hang him before trial............ya'll sound like the skeptics on the dowsing forum.... technology does not stand still,, it advances every minute....it wasn't a million years ago that you had to paddle your boat out and swim down with a hose running to a bucket on your head and walk around looking for treasure....now there are r.o.v.s , sonar, magnetometers and who knows what else....why is the thought of another peice of equipment so hard to swallow ?..........at least check it out before you start talking junk about it or him ....even if it did not work, and he is looking for no buyers/investors he should be applauded as he is at least trying to advance the opportunities available to the treasure hunter .......gldhntr

mariner

Apr 4, 2005
Colorado,

Would this unit work for a salt-impregnated mud flat? On the Oregon coast, there is a wreck that is buried below a tidal mud flat, and my attempts to get readings from it by remote sensing have failed, I think due to the salt in the mud.

Incidentally, in 1974, when somebody applied to the State of Oregon for a permit to recover this particular wreck, they claimed that a German engineer had detected gold and silver using an experimental machine that could differentiate these metals. The State took a sceptical view towards this claim, and towards the fact that the guy who was seeking the permit was proposing to use a backhoe as his prime/only archaeological tool. The State refused the permit, and the spot is now within a protected nature reserve, but it would be very interesting to find a way of remotely examining the site. Three non-Native skeletons were found nearby in the 1930s. They were buried under the roots of an old spriuce tree whose age was determined to be 330/340 years, meaning that the skeletons were probably deposited prior to rhe end of the 16th century.

I must admit that my initial reaction to the initial posting was a bit sceptical, because I thought anybody who was capable of inventing such a device would have easily found that wrecks could be at depths ranging from a few feet to a few thousand feet of water, but ColoradoMike's postngs reminded me of the need to keep an open mind. After all, didn't some aeronautical engineer prove conclusively (if theoetically) that a bumble bee was aerodynamically unstable,and therefore could not possibly fly?

I have a degree in engineeering, too, and am constantly reminded of how much I do not know.

Good luck, Colorado. I look forward to hearing more about your invention.

Mariner

C

cm5838

would a ground penatrating radar not work in a salty environment? I have seen one successfully used one to locate a septic tank that some idiot pushed 70 feet of dirt over. People should really watch where they build up there land.
Charles

C

cm5838

just a word on the lack of education thing, bill gates was a drop out too, and the richest man in the us, so apperently an engineering degree isn't always necessary.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I know a lot of people who dropped out of high school. But you compose sentences pretty good for the 5th grade. You should be commended for teaching yourself. I think you need to explain this invention more. People will ask questions. You still haven't answered what amounts it can detect and at what range? What did you find at Padre Island? And I think you SHOULD make money by selling it. After all----think about it----This invention would re-invent treasure hunting as we know it. You would make all our metal detectors obsolete. We could use them as pinpointers, I guess. LOL You all should understand why this is hard to believe. But, I answered your questions and I should give everyone the benefit of the doubt. So I will just observe from now on this subject. But you should explain it more. Good Luck cypresshunter.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread