Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Just buy "Shipwrecks of the Western Hemisphere" and you will have all of them :wink:

Consolación Diver

Apr 29, 2007
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is from the authors note at the front of the new book.

“Shipwrecks of the Western Hemisphere was published in 1971 and later republished as Shipwrecks of the Americas and New World Shipwrecks. These books contain shipwreck data that I researched prior to 1968. Since then I have continued researching Western Hemisphere shipwrecks in primary sources, and this volume will include many shipwrecks not mentioned in my earlier books. I have never published any of my research on Old World ship losses, but have used it to locate wrecks, primarily in the Mediterranean, Atlantic Ocean, Indian Ocean, Far East, Australia, and the Philippines.

This book contains comprehensive information about the richest ships lost during the Age of Sail. The losses span the globe…”

The book also contains only vessels whose cargo is valued at a minimum of $10 million. (The $10 million is market value and includes astrolabes, cannon, ceramics, etc. not just silver and gold.)

102 pages of NEW WORLD shipwrecks and 276 pages of OLD WORLD shipwrecks

Attachments

• Richest Wrecks Leaflet [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    Richest Wrecks Leaflet [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 387

PyrateJim

Nov 28, 2004
Sterling Hts., MI.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Sea Hunter mark II
mad4wrecks said:
You've got to admit, Bob's books are always a fun read. And requesting him to sign a copy is always a good excuse for paying him a visit.

I talked with him the other day and asked him if he wouldnt mind driving up to Detroit to sign mine in person. He started out with "DETROIT!?......." and then went with........, well, I can type what he said after that as there are language rules, but let's just say it was his normal, colorfull, personality.

Needless to say, I am sending him my copy and he will have Jenifer take a picture of him signing it so I can prove it.

bikerlawyer

Jan 9, 2008
Melbourne Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got my copy from him last week and although I haven't finished it yet it looks like a great read to me!

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I have to admit that I love his books or his book then sold with other titles and covers and after buying 3 of his books with the same information I thought I would never buy another of his books...But what the heck if I have 3 I can always have 4 and since this one is supposed to have new information I’m sure it will be good reading.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread