piratediver

Jun 29, 2006
newport, Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Triton Project Could Yield Up to $400 Million

Oceanic Research & Recovery Releases Potential Recovery Numbers
February 13, 2009: 09:00 AM ET

Oceanic Research and Recovery, Inc. (PINKSHEETS: ORRV), a marine salvage and exploration company, today announced its newly unveiled project, code-named "Triton," could yield cargo with a fair market value of up to $400 million.

"Based on historical data and market research, ORRV has reason to believe the combined fair-market value of the cargo carried by these ships is estimated at $300 million to $400 million. This valuation is based on a number of factors including: total recovery of 80 %, 15 % loss due to salt water corrosion and wholesale numismatic values," according to Scott Heimdal, President of RS Operations.

The Triton Project encompasses three different Colonial-era shipwrecks, each carrying large shipments of ore species; one of which was partially salvaged shortly after sinking.

As previously stated, Project Triton falls within the company's current operational capabilities. No significant capital expenditures for a salvage ship, survey instrumentation or recovery equipment will be required to move this project forward.

RS Operations (RSOPS) and ORRV announced earlier this week that a merger between the two companies had been completed. The two marine salvage companies merged their assets and management teams. The company intends to continue shallow-water activities while preparations are made to begin targeting deep-water shipwrecks.

For more information on RS Operations and ORRV please go to www.rsoperations.com.

4theMoney

Nov 1, 2008
MORE AND BEYOND OSSY said:
4theMoney said:
Wonder how long its going to take Spain to claim their Peruvian heritage?
Doing the paper work right now !
Ossy
I just hope Peru gets onboard to protect their heritage from the Spanish.... :tard:

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
I've heard that this company is hiring a field operations manager that has never been employed by a treasure salvage company. I hear that the guys experience is panning and dredging for gold in streams in California. I wish them a lot of luck.

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
piratediver, I was going over old posts looking for companies that made major treasure finds and recoveries and came across your post about the $400,000,000 treasure find code named " triton project", care to give us an update as to what was recovered from the $400,000,000 treasure find. I couldn't find anything in my research and was hoping you could enlighten us??

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions