Shadow Divers - Shadow Divers Revealed

Galleon Hunter

Jul 30, 2007
Florida
Detector(s) used
Aque Pulse
How many of you out there have read Shadow Divers! The book was about the discovery of the German U-Boat U-869 off the coast of New Jersey. I thought it was a real page turner...well I just got a book yesterday that blows it out of the water (no pun intended) Shadow Divers Revealed by Gary Gentile. Apparently Shadow Divers was a bunch of exaggerations, half truths and out right lies about many of the incidents described in Shadow Divers, even though it purportedly to be a work of non-fiction. Chatterton and Kohler took a lot of credit for things done by others and many other things were full blown lies. Gentile's book sets forth to sent the record straight.

Just curious how many of you have read...enjoyed Shadow Divers and how many have read Shadow Divers Explosed, or plan on reading it.

Galleon Hunter

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
so its a work of faction (fiction based upon using fact but twisted from reality to make the writer seem better , wizer or having more to do with it than they did -- faction type books are far more common than folks think ) sometimes in the past (today too) adventure type folks used "ghost writers" since their writing skills were not that good ----- and often folks who wrote those books in the past don't get "called" on it -- like they do today)

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's DFX 300, Garrett Infinium PI, Fisher CZ6A, Garrett Deepseeker and Groundhog ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Galleon Hunter said:
How many of you out there have read Shadow Divers! The book was about the discovery of the German U-Boat U-869 off the coast of New Jersey. I thought it was a real page turner...well I just got a book yesterday that blows it out of the water (no pun intended) Shadow Divers Revealed by Gary Gentile. Apparently Shadow Divers was a bunch of exaggerations, half truths and out right lies about many of the incidents described in Shadow Divers, even though it purportedly to be a work of non-fiction. Chatterton and Kohler took a lot of credit for things done by others and many other things were full blown lies. Gentile's book sets forth to sent the record straight.

Just curious how many of you have read...enjoyed Shadow Divers and how many have read Shadow Divers Explosed, or plan on reading it.

Galleon Hunter

I've studied both, and have shared emails with some of the key divers discussed, and and some that were ignored.

I agree with your assessment.

I would have no problem if Shadow Divers was categorized as Fiction.

Gentile's Shadow Divers Exposed blows the lid off the claim of non-fiction.

mrhinman

Dec 29, 2008
Detector(s) used
BH Quicksilver
I started the book (I have both print and audiobook). Looks like a good one! And a true story, too.

--
Matthew
Brownwood, TX

Tommi

Sep 19, 2005
Australia
Detector(s) used
Famous-Trails-MD9100 ACE250-PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting, when did Shadow Divers Exposed come out?
I've read Shadow Divers and enjoyed it a lot.

divewrecks

Bronze Member
Sep 7, 2004
Down South - Marietta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE (land), Aquapulse AQ1B (sea), Fisher CZ-20 (water, beach), Fisher 1266X (woods)
You might read all the glowing (not) reviews on Amazon before you rush out and get this. If you liked the book then post something there in its defense. Don't flame me, I've not read it yet. I'll probably read eventually it to see what all the fuss is about, but I've got a stack of much more meaninful read right now.

http://www.amazon.com/Shadow-Divers-Exposed-Real-U-869/dp/1883056241

Stan

4theMoney

Nov 1, 2008
I plan on reading Gary's book.....His other books are certainly worth reading and factual. I am certain he did his homework, but the truth is not always popular or prefered....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread