Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Re: New Shipwreck off Florida's Treasure Coast

Yes that Is Mad4wrecks .....Last year Tom and I found a very interesting article about a guy who found bronze cannons in the area..

Trond

Mar 23, 2006
Norway
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmaxx Power.

Interesting news. Thanks for sharing.

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000

way to go Madman, and I thought you were just another pretty face! :tongue3:

DL

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I havent heard about anyone filing a admiralty on any wrecks on the east coast 15 miles out yet.Wheres the real proof of a wreck besides some encrusted pieces of iron and a piece of pottery that can be found anywhere.I want to see the pics of the bronze cannons in situ.

sabre15

Dec 14, 2008
Tampa Bay Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Discovery TF 900

As more pieces from the ship are recovered, Gidus said he eventually wants to have them displayed at museums. Gidus’ company, Gold Coast Explorations, found a pair of 19th century wrecks last year on Florida’s Gulf Coast

does anyone know of these wrecks? This guy sounds familiar, i believe he was interviewed on the radio today in orlando-real radio 104.1, supposedly had bronze cannon and some gold bars, but i thought they said the wreck was out of the gulf.

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

sabre15 said:
As more pieces from the ship are recovered, Gidus said he eventually wants to have them displayed at museums. Gidus’ company, Gold Coast Explorations, found a pair of 19th century wrecks last year on Florida’s Gulf Coast

does anyone know of these wrecks? This guy sounds familiar, i believe he was interviewed on the radio today in orlando-real radio 104.1, supposedly had bronze cannon and some gold bars, but i thought they said the wreck was out of the gulf.

This Guy is Tom Gidus...aka...Mad4wrecks one of my partners in ARRG...And NO he is not the guy in the radio with bronze cannons and gold bars out of the Gulf..This site is in the east coast....

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

FISHEYE said:
I havent heard about anyone filing a admiralty on any wrecks on the east coast 15 miles out yet.Wheres the real proof of a wreck besides some encrusted pieces of iron and a piece of pottery that can be found anywhere.I want to see the pics of the bronze cannons in situ.

John,

Please read the article carfully...He never said he found bronze cannons......

PyrateJim

Nov 28, 2004
Sterling Hts., MI.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Sea Hunter mark II

Tom was interviewed today on the Jim P. show, 104.1fm at 6pm. He said there was bronze cannon found by another individual a few years back and the person contacted him about it. This wreck, as stated, is off the coast of Indian River County, florida east coast. As for gold bars being found. Tom has not said/mentioned anyting along those lines in any of the articles or in this evenings interview.

IndianRiverSonrise

Jun 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
Various

There is an old book "Trade and Navigation between Spain and th Indies..." that mentions that the 1626 fleet was under the command of Tomas de la Raspuru, sailed with bullion from Vera Cruz and Panama, with 3,504,000 pesos or 2,540,000 ducats. It says that some of the ships were lost from storm and others from corsairs. There is a link to the book in the links section of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com. The blog also makes mention of a British ship that took one of the 1626 fleet ships back to England, I think it was. Pretty interesting and informative digital book.

mariner

Apr 4, 2005

Well done Tom, and good luck with the recovery. I am wondering what was recovered that let Bob Marx produce such a definite identification. Certainly not any of the pieces mentioned in the article (unless the broze cannon was available for examination and carried some kind of clue).

I hope Tom will keep us as informed as is practical/wise as he proceeds, and I look forward to seeing how Spain reacts if Marx is right. It is outside of the territorial sea, but inside the contiguous zone, so in US waters and covered by the 1902 Treaty with Spain.

Mariner

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

at 14 miles out its past both the 3 (state of florida) and 12 (federal) mile limits -- so good for you , tom --now claim that sucker and hang on cause spain will come a running count on it. --- good luck --Ivan

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Hey Mariner, how can the 1902 treaty with Spain apply to this wreck if it sank 300 years earlier?

itmaiden

Sep 28, 2005

Probably the same way America does it's laws. Change them whenever convenient and make them "retroactive", while conveniently ignoring the previously existing laws. Mankind is never faithful to himself or his own laws.
itmaiden

scubasalvor said:
Hey Mariner, how can the 1902 treaty with Spain apply to this wreck if it sank 300 years earlier?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread