OP
OP
diverlynn

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
My plans have been completed. I will be departing Thursday, March 5 from Ft. Lauderdale and stay until April 13. Capt. Yarbor of the Merchant Marines has graciously arranged for my accommodations and will provide a car and driver to be available as well as meeting us at the airport.
All is complete.
Thank everyone for your prayers and concern through this scary time in my life.

I hope to take in some of the Maritime Museums and see some of the country if it allows. Will post photos.

Dive on boys, don't wait up for me! (But I'll be back and down under soon, I hope)>

diverlynn

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hio LUV: as for my suggestion, blushing, simply come back as you are. sigh.

You also posted -->

(But I'll be back and down under soon, "I hope" )

what's this "I ope thingy"? If they don't "cure" you , I will, but it will cost you a smooch when we meet.

Don Jose de La Mancha

scubatreasure

Aug 14, 2008
Trinity, florida
Lynn, I'm so glad you were able to find a country that is willing to put the health of a human being before the wallet size . My sister got back to me and said they were about to stop the surgery on a man who had a relapse on his brain tumour, because his benefits were denied, fortunately for him it was worked out and its a sad state of affairs when this type of conduct occurs. My sister felt terrible when she found out that there is nothing that they are willing to do unless you have the proper coverage to pay for it. Even though she suggested that you could try starting with the business office and see what happens. I'm sure that the Moffitt Cancer center in Tampa is just like all the others , no coverage no help , you are in my thoughts and prayers now go kick this thing with the help of some decent human beings, thank God there are still some around.
Limo Bob :icon_pirat:

OP
OP
diverlynn

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Getting nervous about the trip but feel good to have Capt. Yarbar

The bio of my chaperone while in Lima:

Dear Lynn,
I'm captain of the Peruvian Navy, my last duty was CO of a frigate. Now the Admiral in Chief send me to the Merchant Naval Academy -ruled by the Navy- to take care of this nice, very nice job. I'm also Historian (bachellor and magister in History, magister in Bussines administration and also I have a master degree in Arts -international relations- at Salve Regina University in Newport, Rhode Island...yes I like to study....I wrote sevarl books, etc.) so I like this job related with studies.
I try to find something near the clinic but y don't find nothing good. There are no close accomodations near the clinic.
Near my house there is a nice hotel, three star. http://www.enjoyperu.com/hotels/espanol/lima/casa_andina/index2.htm, 73 dollars double per day.
Its more or less 30 - 40 minutes to the clinic from there, Lima city is very big (8 million people). One taxi can ask you 15 - 20 soles the ride (5-7 dollars) to that place. But you will have my driver from 7:30 am to 5 pm or 6 pm. Do not worry about that. However, pleas ask Dr. Maria Eugenia Ruiz (I don't know her) for another option and let me know to check it. Montesur clinic is very good, my last son was born in that place, but is a little bit expensive so when you go to the doctor will be good if someone of my family can go with you. My mother in law speaks a lot of English and she told me that the first day she will like to go in order to control the doctors and chek prices, etc.
I will be at the airport -I repeat- to receive you, do not ask for a taxi.
Our way of thinking in south america is a little bit different and is an honour to help friends and we do not expect retributions...

Write me as soon as you have an answer from Dra. Maria, and also if you have her phone number.

Thanks for asking something to bring for my family, we really do not need nothing...perhaps the kids will like candies, they always eat them, dont they?

Regards
Paco

mariner

Apr 4, 2005
Lynn,

I have been travelling and have not had much chance to post, but can I add my hopes and best wishes for your trip and your treatment. I am looking forward to the good news. God Bless.

Mariner

Philvis

Mar 24, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Lynn, that hotel price is pretty high. Let me check to see if I can locate a place near the clinic. Typically for a really good room, it shouldn't be more than $40 unless you are in Miraflores. I will try to hae you an answer by tomorrow. I would hate for you to have an expensive place that is not even close by. There are plenty of places to stay. I will get my wife on it now.

Smithbrown

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Just a brief note to wish you strength and courage in your time of trial.
God bless,
Smithbrown

Skimmer

Nov 2, 2006
Smithbrown said:
Just a brief note to wish you strength and courage in your time of trial.
God bless,
Smithbrown

Lynn- I have been following this thread, and I didn't know what to say. I think SmithBrown sums it up. I'll be sending positive vibes to you until you get back and tell us alls well. I have a good feeling you're just the Lady to kick this thing. Best, Mike

OP
OP
diverlynn

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Thank you all for your well wishes and prayers. I am sure everything will be fine.
We are having to go down tonight so that we can go to the Federal Building first thing in the morning. My friend's passport has not arrived as of yet.
Will be posting during my recovery.

You all be safe as I know I will.

Luv you all

Lynn

Skimmer

Nov 2, 2006
Lynn- Finally, something I can actually help with.......
Thae Miami Federal Building Passport Office experience!
Take some snacks and drinks...I arrived at 8 AM and finally got my First Mate's passport at 4:30 Pm despite the fact that all was in order before we even went there.
Just a HUGE (hundreds of people) pack of mahem. I needed his passport to leave FL for the next day...so we did it that way. You'll be fine, I just know it. Roll with it, friend.....and get back here well and SOON!
MIKE

OP
OP
diverlynn

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Mike,
It better not take that long, our flight is at 5:00pm out of Ft. Lauderdale. We plan on being there when they open. Her passport is there "in processing". We are applying for a "re-issue"
I really don't want this to go bad.
Thanks to Scott / Seahunter we have a room for the night so we can get an eairly start.

Lynn

OP
OP
diverlynn

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Made it to the airport with time to spare.

Don Jose de La Mancha I will be fine, thanks for everything. :)

Diverlynn

mnm

May 17, 2006
http://koyfmancenter.com/digestive info.htm , pay attention to number 8 in the list on the left side , a process though . I think our bodies to an extent , can heal themselves given the right protocol and lots of eternal strength you may gain while going through such a mess. My cousin does fasting , , makes since to me , the idea of cellular cleansing . Healthy cells ingest weak dying mucus cancer cells instead of healthy ones. The ultimate goal is going deep like someone posted earlier , cellular deep. Sometimes I hear fasts can exceed 14 to 21 days to eat all the cancer . Maintain a live * healthy diet , chew food till it is liquid ,sleep , exercise and fresh air . Try getting in one of those dive tanks , hyper baric maybe for the alternate to Peroxide which really isn't all that bad . Play like you have the bends , jk !! : o Try taking bentonitte clay to as it helps absorb poison ,toxins released during a body cleansing . It has a positive ion charge drawing toxins negative to it like a magnet. Helps remove mucous and that could help possibly. LOOK into a weeklong guided juice fast .Trampoline to as it helps with lymph drainage15 to 20 minutes on a re bounder and if the fish are sick , change the water . Lots of it and the purest like Fiji if you can afford it or distilled . check this out www.wholefoodfarmacy.com Let food be thy medicine and
let medicine be thy food"
Hippocrates, the Father of Medicine (460-377 B.C.) Good luck , stay strong !!! Bragg has a website to help with any doubts , they are older than dirt , but you could never tell. www.Bragg.com .. one more thing
try finding a book called the pH miracle. in it you will find all this info instead of searching everywhere for similar results , The author speaks of peroxide and also colloidals , silver and mineral amino supplements.

OP
OP
diverlynn

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Hi everyone,

All is great here. Spent yesterday getting to know my extended family here in Peru, meeting my doctors and having the initial test done (x-rays, EKG, etc.) No appointment necessary, walk from one office to the others with no waiting, pay as you go. The doctor doing the EKG walked in with a briefcase, opened it, hooked me up, did his readings, wrote me out a bill and I was done. All the doctors and assistants knew of me before I arrived and all is on schedule. Surgery will be Tuesday at 2:00pm, last about 3 hours, should be up and around by next day. No radiation will be needed as all cancer will be removed along with all tissue. Only 2-3 % chance of re-occurrence. Recuperation should be very short and I should be able to come home in 3 weeks or so. If all goes well, diving in 2 months. The plastic surgeon suggested 5 days of hyperbaric chamber treatments for oxygen inhancement.

Going to see some of the museums today, the Gold Museum is first on the list. My host and his family were very happy with the gifts I brought, especially Paco and his Atocha Gold Rum, he was very excited as he collects coins (and also 16th & 17th century paintings and ship bells). His home is very nice with lots of space and the kids are very well mannered and happy to have house guests. We have been invited to stay for the duration of the trip. I think we will, they are very nice and I have been assured that we are not any trouble.

Will keep you all in the loop.

Love you all

Lynn

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Wow Lynn,
That's great news! Sounds like your stay there is also exciting. Best of luck! We can't wait to have you back and diving again.
Aquanut

Skimmer

Nov 2, 2006
Hi Lynn-
Sounds like you're positive and well. I;m glad you're still in contact, and things are going smoothly. On Tuesday at 10:100 you will not be in there alone, we'll be right there by your side. Kick this ugly stuff and let's get back to happy divin!
Mike

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HOLA Lyn LUV: Here is a Mexican love song just for you to relax and dream by. This is really a beautiful song, not the cantina stuff. Your hosts might enjoy it also.

Open your window and let the moon light creep into your room until it is bathing your bed, carrying with it in the warm air, the delightful fragrance of tropical flowers from the patio.

Then imagine the gentlemen from wreck divers are here with me and we serenading you. sigh, sniff

Don Jose de La Mancha

p.s.This was actually your valentine card sigh

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread