Cornelius have anything on this Santa Cruz

Cablava

May 24, 2005
Cornelius,

have you heard of this galleon, first reported by Rieseberg, Lt. Harry E. "I Dive for Treasure" in 1954
many pepole have tried and failed, I have not yet tried but I wondered if you had a view on the author as I think you knew him. There does not seem to be much to go on at all even his report was scant to say the least just a few words.

Santa Cruz 51.43N 05.06.45W West wales coast

Sank in 1679 carrying $2,500.000 in gold and silver. Has been searched for without success.

OP
OP
C

Cablava

May 24, 2005
Cornelius

Tom Shone spent 40 years looking for this ship, while owning and running Pembroke Diving Services, plus the first Chinese take away in West Wales (1966). Tom was a great pirate himself.

As for the story I always thought it was make believe, but in this business you can never tell. But either Potter believed or he also like to use a Little leverage in his book as well

Regards

Mike

99*

Both Harry and John Stretched the truth,Ihave numerous archival translations that state the opposite to any of their claims on ships lost and values on board. They both have great pieces of reading but I would take most with a pinch of salt, as pirates one could read through the lines and maybe they know where some goodies are. For the best part two vessels from their lists came up empty in comparison to stated reports.99*

99*

Fair Comment sir,AHH dream of Africa the gold,ivory and most of all the Spice markets of Durban to prep before a little outing.99*

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread