Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
If Greg found $12.9 mil worth of treasure why does he need investors?

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
You never know maybe it was some unique artifacts like the ones found by Weller which are still for sale in the museum for 800,000.00 or like the ring found by Tom aka mad4wrecks aka sleep4wrecks which is also at the museum for sale for 125,000.00....

I believe that the correct thing to do before making any comments would be to let Greg explain before jumping into any conclusion...... That is if he wants to....

Plus...How big is big? How much is allot? There is nothing wrong with pilling up your earnings and hey you never know maybe the man has other projects and need more.....

P.S. Pete, my brother, stay in touch I will send you a PM with my new number I miss talking to you....

And we should always keep in mind that until you are able to turn treasure into cash you don’t have jack.... Just a bunch of old coins and artifacts!!!

GOHO

Apr 13, 2008
Well, the media always gets things mixed up.........

In 2007 while working the Santa Margarita my crew and i recoverd over 12,000 artifacts valued by Mel Fisher to be near 12.9 million.
The largest pointed item was the box of Pearls.... There were around 16,480 pearls inside.... I think it's total value was somewhere around 9 million....

In 2008 while working the 1715 fleet my crew and i were the top producing boat according to Mel Fisher's point value system.

In 2009 ..............?

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
You guys will do great, Greg. You'll find out where not to look or you'll hit the next hot spot. Either way, you succeed :icon_thumleft:

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Pete you should know by now, how much money you've got in the bank is irrelevant. You always use somebody elses money to fund your venture. And if you want repeat and long time investors...you have to keep finding treasure.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
All this time I have been spending my own money to fund my ventures. Maybe thats why I am always broke! :dontknow:

GOHO

Apr 13, 2008
Mel Fisher recoverd more than $400 million from the Atocha but still needs investors every year to operate.......

C

Cappy Z.

I saw a TV show where these two teacher both invested in Mel Fishers company and they both also scuba dived. I think it cost $10,000. each. They were rewarded at the end of the season by getting gold and emeralds.

Is this adventure still available?

Thanks.

bucketofguts

Jul 2, 2007
N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT and Garrett Seahunter mark 2. Treasure Mate pinpointerer
the short answer yes. you can still invest, dive, and subcontract with the Fishers. i want to know how much longer this incredible opportunity will last? b :dontknow:

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
BillyBudd007 said:
I saw a TV show where these two teacher both invested in Mel Fishers company and they both also scuba dived. I think it cost $10,000. each. They were rewarded at the end of the season by getting gold and emeralds.

Is this adventure still available?

Thanks.
Absolutely!

Here is the contact info for Mel Fishers.

http://www.melfisher.com/contactUs/contactUs.asp

Good Luck,

Robert

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread