ScubaDude

Bronze Member
Oct 10, 2006
Coastal, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garret Seahunter MK II, Geometrics 882, Marine Sonic SS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ScubaFinder and North Caribbean Research are on the north coast. Weber is off the coast out on the reefs of the Silver and Navidad Banks I believe.

Attachments

• DR-leases.jpg
    DR-leases.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 1,554

LLOST

Greenie
May 6, 2009
NW Michigan
Off topic but has there been any word from NCR(Scubafinder).... Ive been watching the posts and havent seen anything

psdiver

Jun 19, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites/JWFisher Pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marine Exploration, Inc. Announces Second Historic Shipwreck
Thu. July 30, 2009; Posted: 01:40 PM
Stocks RSS
Are you looking to increase you ETF knowledge?
MIAMI, FL, Jul 30, 2009 (MARKETWIRE via COMTEX) -- MEXP | Quote | Chart | News | PowerRating -- Marine Exploration, Inc. (OTCBB: MEXP | Quote | Chart | News | PowerRating) announces that Burt D. Webber has found a previously unknown historic shipwreck in his latest foray into the Joint Venture permit area off the coast of the Dominican Republic. The company awaits additional reports from the R/V Hispaniola as its team works to identify the shipwreck and its contents.

Marine Exploration's CEO Mark Goldberg commented, "We have now made a significant shipwreck discovery on each of our trips into our joint venture permit area. We are tremendously pleased with the performance of our crew and equipment, especially with the Burt Webber designed magnetometers that were custom made at his direction by special arrangement with Geometrics, D&B Engineering and Ocean Images. We have proved that our scientific methodology is highly competent and capable of finding all that lays waiting for us under the water in our permit area."

Marine Exploration confirms that the R/V Hispaniola, under the direction of Burt Webber, will remain at sea within its permit area conducting its search and salvage with the purpose of identifying the origin, date and value of its newest shipwreck find and reporting back to investors.

Marine Exploration, Inc. and joint venture partner Hispaniola Ventures, LLC, headed by Burt D. Webber, Jr., expect to continue the surveys and anticipate locating and recovering historic shipwrecks with valuable artifacts and treasure. Working under exclusive contract with the Dominican Republic, the Company has plans in place to pursue multiple notable shipwrecks in Dominican Republic territorial and jurisdictional waters.

Forward-Looking Statements

This press release contains statements, which may constitute "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Securities Act of 1933 and the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended by the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Prospective investors are cautioned (http://www.sec.gov/cgi-bin/browse-e...ude&count=40&action=getcompany&CIK=0001019654) that any such forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance and involve risks and uncertainties, and that actual results may differ materially from those contemplated by such forward-looking statements. Important factors currently known to management that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in forward-looking statements include fluctuation of operating results, the ability to compete successfully and the ability to complete before-mentioned transactions. The company undertakes no obligation to update or revise forward-looking statements to reflect changed assumptions, the occurrence of unanticipated events or changes to future operating results. To see our website, go to http://www.mexp.biz.

Investor Relations Contact:
Emerging Markets Consulting
James Painter
321-206-6682
[email protected]

Media Relations Contact:
Emerson Gerard Associates
Jerry Jennings
561-881-7318
[email protected]

SOURCE: Marine Exploration, Inc.

mailto:[email protected]
mailto:[email protected]

OP
OP
O

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
I found this posted on another site. Apparently it is a first hand account of Mr. Webbers recent PR. I find it interesting.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------__________________________________________________________________________________________________
wreckdiver Date: Friday, July 31, 2009 8:37:40 AM
In reply to: None Post # of 1245 [Send a link via email]
Burt Webber, must be an amazing treasure finder!!!!
Because I watched the RV Hispaniola, Burt Webber's research boat leave the dock in Santo Domingo 9:12 AM EST on the 29th of July. Considering he was going to the Navidad Bank, where our lease is 137nm away. If the boat traveled at 10 knots (Very optimistic) it would take 14+ hours. This would put him in the lease area just after midnight on the 30th. That means the amazing Mr. Webber deployed his equipment, found the shipwreck, and made a press release in 5 hours. All this with the NOA weather bouys showing yellow flags in the area 6'-8' seas.
Common sense says you cant find stuff in rough seas.
Either he is simply amazing, in which case, he should be out every day finding a shipwreck, or..... He thinks his investors are the stupidest people on earth!!!

I must be stupid, because I invested heavily in MEXP before I learned about the business dealings of Mr. Webber

Mr. Webber if you are going to lie to us, show us the common courtesy of making the lie believable.

I personally would look for a slight surge in the stock price, and a huge dump from the management. It should also be noted that I have just discovered, Burt Webber can sell as much stock as he likes without having to make it public knowledge.

Don't take my word for it, just watch the stock, the minute it goes up, huge volumes are sold.

Its classic!!

psdiver

Jun 19, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites/JWFisher Pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marine Exploration, Inc.'s New Shipwreck Site Yields Treasure-Quality Artifacts; Near Term Updates Expected
August 06, 2009

With only a portion of the new shipwreck site surveyed, Marine Exploration, Inc. (OTCBB: MEXP) announces the Company, and joint venture partner Hispaniola Ventures, LLC, have recovered numerous and various treasure artifacts. Near term updates are expected to continue.

Mark Goldberg, CEO Marine Exploration notes, "Like the Nuestra Senora de la Concepcion, one of Burt Webber's prior finds, the initial indications are that this new shipwreck site contains partial remnants determined to be from the 1700s. At this time, the site is secure and the location is not being made public. Our research vessel, R/V Hispaniola, is on the way back to port with the treasures. The Company will have photographs and videos of the artifacts available to its investors in the near future."

Marine Exploration, Inc. and joint venture partner Hispaniola Ventures, LLC, headed by Burt D. Webber, Jr., expect to continue the surveys and anticipate locating and recovering historic shipwrecks with valuable artifacts and treasure. Working under exclusive contract with the Dominican Republic, the Company has plans in place to pursue multiple notable shipwrecks in Dominican Republic territorial and jurisdictional waters.

Forward-Looking Statements

This press release contains statements, which may constitute "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Securities Act of 1933 and the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended by the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Prospective investors are cautioned (http://www.sec.gov/cgi-bin/browse-edgar?type=424B3&dateb=&owner= include&count=40&action=getcompany&CIK=0001019654) that any such forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance and involve risks and uncertainties, and that actual results may differ materially from those contemplated by such forward-looking statements. Important factors currently known to management that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in forward-looking statements include fluctuation of operating results, the ability to compete successfully, and the ability to complete before-mentioned transactions. The Company undertakes no obligation to update or revise forward-looking statements to reflect changed assumptions, the occurrence of unanticipated events or changes to future operating results. To see our website, go to http://www.mexp.biz.

A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/yb/133824640

OP
OP
O

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
I think the PR says it all, "treasure quality artifacts". I don't know about the rest of you, but if I found a wreck loaded with gold or silver, I sure as heck wouldn't be back at the dock after just a few days of diving. Especially if I had a salvage boat in excess of 100 feet, full of supplies and the weather was good. I'd be keeping my mouth shut and loading the boat up with treasure, not artifacts.

OP
OP
O

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
psdiver, It was announced 2 days ago that Burt and his boat were headed back to the dock with treasure quality artifacts. Since it is only a 1/2 day trip from the dive site to the dock. I am curious. Where is all the gold and silver that was found, or didn't they find any? Knowing Burt, if he found gold or silver, he would have announced it to the World from the boat, as soon as he found it.
I was just wondering if those PR's were only a means to drive the stock price up? Keep us posted and tell Wayne I said HI.

The Hun

Dec 6, 2008
Hungary
old man said:
I think the PR says it all, "treasure quality artifacts". I don't know about the rest of you, but if I found a wreck loaded with gold or silver, I sure as heck wouldn't be back at the dock after just a few days of diving. Especially if I had a salvage boat in excess of 100 feet, full of supplies and the weather was good. I'd be keeping my mouth shut and loading the boat up with treasure, not artifacts.

I think you right, oldman. It seems to peak up their shares....

OP
OP
O

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
The last report we saw on here by psdiver, stated that Burt was on his way back to the dock 5 days ago with Treasure Quality Artifacts. Since it's only a 14 hour boat ride from the dive site to land and the company promised video and pictures in there PR. Does anyone know what happened? Did the boat sink or is the crew back in the DR, empty handed??

OP
OP
O

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
psdiver, Thanks. Well at least we know the boat didn't sink. I still don't see any pictures of gold or silver and I guess " Treasure Quality Artifacts " are in the eye of the beholder. To some people that could mean a recovered rusty nail.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions