Found treasure in St. Josephs Bay

pcolaboy

Sep 5, 2006
Pensacola, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
Found treasure in St. Joseph's Bay

My wife and I had an awesome get-away to St. George Island last weekend and we found these beauties while snorkeling in St. Joseph's Bay (adjacent to Port St. Joe, FL).

scallops.jpg

scottscallops.jpg

angelascallops.jpg

Ok maybe bay scallops aren't gold or silver but they're certainly were worth their weight in gold considering all the effort in cleaning them. We didn't have our boat handy that weekend so we essentially just pulled off the road at a random spot and went for it.

Wish I had more on-topic stuff to discuss ;D

Pcola

RELICDUDE07

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2007
Pascagoula Ms.
Detector(s) used
minelab exp.
Re: Found treasure in St. Joseph's Bay

What???Port St. joe and no detector :'( Looks like you guys had fun! Did you know they open right up on ice? :D

OP
OP
pcolaboy

pcolaboy

Sep 5, 2006
Pensacola, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS

RELICDUDE07 said:
What???Port St. joe and no detector :'( Looks like you guys had fun! Did you know they open right up on ice? :D

That's precisely what the cooler was for ;D. The wife didn't even bother using the oyster knife to cut 'em out of the shell - she just used those daggers she calls finger nails to pry the guts from the muscle :o

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

I think Florida Sportsman just had an article about the scalloping up that way. Be sure and wash em down with some ice cold beer. :icon_thumright:

architecad

Nov 25, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX-II, GTI 2500, Sea hunter, Eagle Eye two box

Ok maybe bay scallops aren't gold or silver but they're certainly were worth their weight in gold considering all the effort in cleaning them. We didn't have our boat handy that weekend so we essentially just pulled off the road at a random spot and went for it.

Well those scallops aren't gold at first sight but maybe if you take them to "Joe's crap restaurant" or some seafood rest. they can buy them.For me they are Gold. Next time let me know before to go there, I will be there helping you to catch'em and I will pay all beers :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread