Treasure Coast could be reality TV show based in Sebastian...

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Re: 'Treasure Coast' could be reality TV show based in Sebastian...

Inletsurf what the heck are you talking about? The internet forums have had zero effect on Sebastian Inlet. The professional treasure huntrers don't use public boat ramps. They have their boats docked at local marinas. If anything they have boosted the local economy.

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

I think Inletsurf means the fishing forums and TV shows that have spot lighted the great fishing at Sebastian Inlet and the offshore area and brought so many people to the area.

But what has happened to Sebastian is true for many small Florida towns-it is hard to find anything left of "old Florida" thanks to out of control growth, especially along the coastal areas.

I think the real culprit is Disney. I have been visiting the Sebastian area since the early 70's and didn't notice any major changes until the Disney Vero Beach Resort (actually Wabasso) went up in what 1994?

I just don't think a shipwreck salvage TV show will bring in as much traffic as Inletsurf thinks, just because it is such a specialized, and rather small industry.

Just my two cents. Tom

GOHO

Apr 13, 2008

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and i respect Inletsurf's but i don't believe a show on treasure hunting will have an impact like that. I can see more people wanting to get a contract with Taffi to hunt the 1715 fleet and for her that would be good. I can also see more investors wanting to put in on a treasure venture and that would be good for me. I can also see more metal detectors on the beach, not sure if that's good but it is what it is. I'm gonna ride the wave and if it makes something good that's great if not then i still will be out there hunting my ass off but I don't believe that its going to cause this giant wave of people moving to Sebastian, besides who can afford to by a house these days.

Thank's Inletsurf for the compliments, i really hope that that many people watch the show and like it and that i am able to flash some silver and gold while the cameras are rolling. :icon_thumright:

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Forget the silver and gold and give us Apolla in a bikini! :headbang:

You two could be the next Nick Nolte and Jacqueline Bisset!

Attachments

• the deep 2.jpg
    the deep 2.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 370

GOHO

Apr 13, 2008

Very Funny!!!

bucketofguts

Jul 2, 2007
N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT and Garrett Seahunter mark 2. Treasure Mate pinpointerer

Apolla in a bikini! ;D..... she sent me a pm saying she liked my name a while back you know ..... :notworthy: :thumbsup: b

Apolla

Mar 12, 2007
Gwynns island , va
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT

Ok... That's Funny!! Keep it up and Gregs gonna make me wear a "DRY SUIT". You guys may have blown it for me cuz I've been pleading with him to let me dive in my Dive Goddess Leopard print skin and Hot Pink Tanks and now he may banish me to the BLaaaahhhhzaa Black Neoprene so I'm not such a distraction. Drat!

inletsurf

Oct 1, 2006
Sebastian Inlet, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mad4wrecks said:
I think Inletsurf means the fishing forums and TV shows that have spot lighted the great fishing at Sebastian Inlet and the offshore area and brought so many people to the area.

But what has happened to Sebastian is true for many small Florida towns-it is hard to find anything left of "old Florida" thanks to out of control growth, especially along the coastal areas.

I think the real culprit is Disney. I have been visiting the Sebastian area since the early 70's and didn't notice any major changes until the Disney Vero Beach Resort (actually Wabassso) went up in what 1994?

I just don't think a shipwreck salvage TV show will bring in as much traffic as Inletsurf thinks, just because it is such a specialized, and rather small industry.

Just my two cents. Tom

Yes, that's pretty much it. Maybe I am too much of an unrelenting, unwelcoming local but I see the progression of Sebastian Inlet in an unfavorable direction. Maybe this 'reality show' won't have too much impact. Who knows.

billinstuart

Oct 17, 2004
stuart..the treasure coast..well, used to be
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur with a WOT!
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Florida's economy has always been tourism based. Like it or not, that's the way it is. Tourists spend money. With a little education, they will soon realize that there are leased areas. However, the beaches are fair game.

suits me..our beaches are ruined anyhow by our incompetent "coastal engineers".

GOHO

Apr 13, 2008

I heard IRC has 36,000 dump truck loads ready for this winter. Imagine if that money went to the local schools!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread