Treasure Coast could be reality TV show based in Sebastian...

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Re: 'Treasure Coast' could be reality TV show based in Sebastian...

I really hope it becomes a reality for them. We had the same deal or opportunity last year but it didnt happen here is the demo video that was done by the filming crew. The show was going to be called "Raising History"......Enjoy!!!

Chagy.....

C

Cappy Z.

I, and many others always read about 7 million in treasure being brought up in 2007....but why can't we see many many photos of the good stuff?

After living on Atlantis for almost nine years...I'm getting skeptical.

Surely there is a place where much of this treasure can be seen?

GOHO

Apr 13, 2008

Here are a couple shots of some good stuff. We found approx 30' of gold chain and over 16,000 pearls in a sealed lead box. All together counting the box of pearls as 1 artifact we recoverd over 12,000 artifacts in 2007.

Attachments

• gold sword.jpg
    gold sword.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 750
  • greg gold.jpg
    greg gold.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 726
C

Cappy Z.

Awesome pics!

Thanks.

Cap Z.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Greg you are THE man! Are you still going out or is the season over?

GOHO

Apr 13, 2008

We our still working....

inletsurf

Oct 1, 2006
Sebastian Inlet, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice work fellas but we don't need no reality drama outside of Sebastian Inlet. Ft. Pierce, Jupiter, then fine. Not Sebastian. Us locals have seen what internet fishing forums have done to our waters in the past 10 years, we don't need a reality show to make it even worse.

kevino1960

Oct 22, 2006
West Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark Fisher 1265X

Intelsurf is right, a 'Reality Show' will make conditions worse. Can you imagine what those politicians will come up with if they can see treasure on TV? You will never dive the wrecks again.

GOHO

Apr 13, 2008

Why do you think its a bad idea? It can't be any worse or any different than books written by Weller and Marks or others that tell right where the wrecks are. It's almost 2010, the future is video not books and this show will tell my story. I think it is a very positive thing because it will bring awareness to the hard work and dedication it takes to make dreams come true and how the average person can still do this and do it right. I don't do anything illegal like pirate or plunder the wrecks. I have a contract with Fishers and State of Florida to do what i do and i have nothing to hide. This show would allow us to bring the adventure to the people who otherwise only dream about being able to do this. I see nothing but good from this venture!

Now, if i was out pillaging the wrecks then that would be a different story!

treshuntintom

May 24, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks Greg.I'm with you all the way.Gonna spend October in Sebastian,see ya soon.TexasTom

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

needless to say with everything going to be on "film" -- no one would dare to be so stupid as to do anything "wrong" -- besides these folks are the "legal" treasure hunting types who do everything by the book to begin with -- :icon_thumright:

the illegal poacher and pillager type folks would never allow a camera anywhere near them -- for what to filmed in the act of breaking laws that will get you serious jail time and fines ? talk about stupid any crooks that would do that would have to be "master idiot" class stupid . ::)

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

There was a guy who was pirating HRD's exploration site off Vero Beach and when we finally caught him, in his posssession was a VHS recording he made (for an investor in his illegal operation) showing where he was making his recoveries from. He certainly qualifies as one of those "stupid guys."

http://www.jaxpagan.com/displayarticle189.html

Tom

Apolla

Mar 12, 2007
Gwynns island , va
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT

Tom... you have me rolling on the floor with that Article. The fact that you found it on the North American Pagan Alliance page cracks me up even more. It's amazing what you pull out of your hat as reference to make a point. If I ever go to court.... I want you sitting at my table.

I can't believe people would be opposed to a reality show on Treasure Hunting but I realize that we have some crudmudgeons in the bunch. I for one think if it does happen, then it will bring awareness to an industry that really needs a positive cash flow boost right now in order to recover history. I don't think it's going to flood Sebastion with wanna be treasure seekers. It takes more than boat and a scuba tank to do the job. If anything, I think it would bring in more investors who's interests are perked due to curiosity and awareness.

I really liked the Treasure Quest show and it certainly had an impact on making the general public aware of what Treasure Salvors do on a Grander Scale. Remember...a reality show is entertainment first and formost and what Treasure Coast hopes to do is serve it with a side dish of history. Also, a note to the worried fisherman...The GoldHound hails out of Sebastion but the show will not be pigeoned holed to just Sebastion. So.... we may drop anchor in other waters and strike fear in the Lobstermens boots too. LOL! Sorry...couldn't help myself! :fish: :fish:

CanadianTrout

May 21, 2007
Canada
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

GOHO said:
This show would allow us to bring the adventure to the people who otherwise only dream about being able to do this.

Nice. It's like you're talking to me.... good job guys! :notworthy:

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Apolla, you go girl!

inletsurf

Oct 1, 2006
Sebastian Inlet, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

GOHO said:
Why do you think its a bad idea? It can't be any worse or any different than books written by Weller and Marks or others that tell right where the wrecks are.

How many people read those books, as compared to how many people will view the reality TV show? Television reaches whole new audience and a much larger population, those too busy or lazy to read. Add in the excitement, flash some gold and silver, run a google search, and the next thing you know there will be a 18 ft bayliner from orlando sitting on top of the cabin wreck with divers claiming ignorance. Not that they could find anything anyway.

I just dont' want to see the ramps crowded with more people, particularly TV crews.

inletsurf

Oct 1, 2006
Sebastian Inlet, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Apolla said:
I don't think it's going to flood Sebastion with wanna be treasure seekers. It takes more than boat and a scuba tank to do the job. .

True on the last point, but try tell that to the knuckleheads on the other end of the TV screen. I'm not so sure you understand the impact of the internet forums the past 10 years on Sebastian Inlet, the offshore waters, and Brevard/Indian River public boat ramps. I do, and I cannot see how the potential impact of a reality TV show can make the crowds any better.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread