Whats going on in the DR?

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: What's going on in the DR?

Good morning Salvor my friend: Bureaucracy and hyper caution on my part, plus being a bit short on err, ahh, cooperative money.

Incidentally, I will probably never open Tayopa itself, but be content with just the two main deposits. The country is just too beautiful to be opened for mining and the changes it would bring.

Don Jose de La Mancha

p.s. Jason did you see the picture of the two bells at Tubares that I posted for Elle? It was taken in the time period that I was there, just as I had described it, perhaps the late 50's. You can see the system of suspension clearly.

Attachments

• Tubares_Mission_reduced.jpg
    Tubares_Mission_reduced.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 242
  • Tubares_Mission_reduced.jpg
    Tubares_Mission_reduced.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 235

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Re: What's going on in the DR?

Nick, NCR lost its principle investor unexpectedly and is experiencing some real financial difficulties right now. Our investor had some personal issues come up that required him to leave instantly without notice...I'm sure you can imagine what this did to us. We had to sell half of our possesions just to get out of the country. We all decided to spend the holidays with our family and friends and start hitting it again in the new year. The weather doesn't really clear up down there until early March, so hopefully we will be working again by that time.

Don Jose, thanks for the kind words. Someday I'll get that application finished up and sent to you. Best of luck with the authorities, keep playing it like you have been, it should all work out someday. Speed is no substitute for doing things correctly, I think you'll win this one someday.

Jason

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread