Spanish TV Special on treasure hunters

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
si it will be so fair ,trust me --it will start off with --people are finding all of "our" stuff and cultural heritage ( its part of spain's history that they "force labored" others against their will (on pain of death) to work until they died to mine and mint money for them in the new world area.) yep its their "cultural heritage " that they pillaged and looted the new world by force of arms -- just like the nazi's did in WW2 * in france --- but unlike the nazi's looting ---spain's is ok because they did it long ago and theres no living folks from that time frame left to complain about it.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Ivan, new archaeological evidence suggests that as many as 50 million native Americans died as a result of the Spanish conquest.

Vox veritas

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the pleasure to join this program. Cheers

capt dom

Nov 9, 2006
Jupiter, Florida USA
yep... ???

Over eleven civilizations were basically exterminated in the name of the
"big guy" and the other two who make up the blessed trinity.... :help:

But, you see, the Spanish Court actually invented what has become the
present day bureaucracy... They new how much 'good government"
cost.... so as far as they were concerned.... :dontknow: screw the heathen
natives...

The one rule they were sure to keep in place was, the "good old boy network"... :lurk:
That is why our career bureaucrats are kissing the buts of their career bureaucrats.

Screw the facts or actual principles....

The biggest problem with present day government is there is little accountability
within it. Short term propaganda rules.

OP
OP
P

Panfilo

Feb 20, 2007
Vox veritas, what was your impression of the documentary, not withstanding the fact that you "have the pleasure to join this program"?
Panfilo

MORE AND BEYOND OSSY

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2008
BRISBANE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Salvor6 said:
Ivan, new archaeological evidence suggests that as many as 50 million native Americans died as a result of the Spanish conquest.
Since we are pointing fingers !! Under the English Empire conquest over 30 million died in India as a result of their control and disease.
sound familiar :icon_scratch: In Tasmania Australia (1800 ) they wiped OUT ALL off the native aboriginal People and most on the main land, some survived because
they were too far out to reach, and off no interest to the settlers !
All written out of English history, and their is much more, I could start a hold new thread. Don't go pissing in each others pockets ( gives you a warm feeling )
on how pure your ancestors are, when you are no better :(
You are still in control of North America, what about the native American people you just about wiped out :icon_scratch: Human history has always been filled with violence, since we first threw stones at each other. And you would think after so long, we would have learnt something :icon_scratch:
Ivan I asked you once, what's Chevron doing to the native people in South America and Africa ( happening right now ! )
And Dom, lets not start on your ancestors, the Roman's. We are are all connected more that you know. My Grandson, 2nd generation Aussie has Spanish, Portuguese
English, Saxon heritage and that's only of what I know of the current family.
Imagine if we all got on with each other :icon_sunny:
Ossy

capt dom

Nov 9, 2006
Jupiter, Florida USA
O.K.

The point you are making is, human beings are a violent lot
and we regularly pick on and exploit whomever we can.

What's new.... ::)

My point is using the international courts - of those currently
in power to justify ownership of lost - earlier proceeds from such
exploitation is pure bull crap and just a rouse.

I will propose another example = Why does a dog lick his private parts? :icon_scratch:

The guys with the guns... always make the rules....
and enforce them... :laughing9:

answer.... because he can!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
being part native american --I do not like what was done to the "indains" but ones history is ones history --- robbing and looting * raping the locals ,force laboring them to death for personal gain is not part of ones "culturail heritage" that one should use to claim ownership of goods -- its like a bank robbers grand children --saying -- the guy down the road found a sack f money that our grandppa stole from the bank and hid --fair and square --so now its ours --- I do not agree with "forced exploitation " no matter whos doing it. or to who its being done.

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Elite & Sovereign XS, Minelab Equinox 800 and Aquapulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry BillInStuart... Spain is only into cannons... not pee shooters... sorry couldn't resist buddy... :o :D Phips

mariner

Apr 4, 2005
Panfilo,

Do you know which Trinidad is featured in the third program?

Thanks,

Mariner

OP
OP
P

Panfilo

Feb 20, 2007
Mariner, I didn’t get to see the documentary as we only get one TVE here, the wrong one, but my impression is that it’s the Santisima Trinidad that was the flagship of the Spanish navy that sank at Trafalgar in 1805. Apparently she was found during a side scan sonar demonstration eight leagues from Cadiz by a hydrographic ship. I suspect it’s this Santisima Trinidad but until one of our Spanish viewers confirms this it could be any other homonym.

maximushisp

Feb 4, 2005
Panfilo said:
Mariner, I didn’t get to see the documentary as we only get one TVE here, the wrong one, but my impression is that it’s the Santisima Trinidad that was the flagship of the Spanish navy that sank at Trafalgar in 1805. Apparently she was found during a side scan sonar demonstration eight leagues from Cadiz by a hydrographic ship. I suspect it’s this Santisima Trinidad but until one of our Spanish viewers confirms this it could be any other homonym.
The Santisima Trinidad projected on "La Noche Temática", it's a film, not a documentary.
I show it years ago, don't have really interest.
The film It's not about the Santisima Trinidad sunk after the Trafalgar battle.

Maximus

trinidad

Dec 28, 2008
I saw the documentaries and it was the same old thing, but very well done. Talking and showing almost all the parts involved in this issue (Black Swan I mean) it looked like it was accurate and objective but, under my point of view, it wasn't. The scene with James Goold "proving" that the cannons from the Black Swan belongs to the Mercedes because they look identical to some other cannon from the Naval Museum was like a joke. And the documentary said that there is a sentence (not a recommendation) from the judge to give back the "treasure" to Spain. Stemm appears as a "Madoff" or somebody like him: very well dressed, sunglasses, talking about stock market and a few about archaeology. You cant swear it was kind of manipulated but something smell like it does. Webber and other classic in this bussines were in their role: "I do this, I do it legally, so what! Let drink my gin and eat my heart pills". In a few words: Spain is right and Odyssey (and others like them) are looters. Said much more gently and pretending that they give a voice to everybody but...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions