Gold cross with emeralds

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
I posted this some time ago. A local business woman bought this at an estate sale. She felt it may have come from one of the wrecks. I still would like to know. Pretty nice piece.

Diverlynn

Sorry guys, uploaded the wrong photo and re-uploaded and just can't make the others go away. Lol of course it is the duplicates I am referring to.

Last edited:

Southern_Digger

May 21, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer and Excalibur; Tesoro Tejon; Fisher 1265-X; Garrett Master Hunter; White's Coinmaster; In closet: Bounty Hunter and Relco
Primary Interest:
Other
Hmmm! Guess I should put finding one of those on my bucket list.

emeraldcross

Nov 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chagy! If you still need them, here are a few photos of the emerald and gold cross I recovered back in June of 2003, on the Cabin Wreck of the 1715 fleet. Capt. Jon Wilson treasurecapt 003.JPG treasurecapt 002.JPG emeraldcross 004.JPG 04A-119-000005-0001d.jpg treasurecapt 001.JPG emeraldcross11 002.JPG

1emeraldlady

Jul 26, 2013
Micco, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Yeah, it's 77 carats, about an inch square cube. Can't find a pic online.

It's been years since I saw it, but funny how it still sticks in my mind. . . . . .

I have a 69.32 uncut emerald that I found on the beach here in 2007. It has been loaned to the Fisher Treasure Museum in Sebastian, Florida for display purposes only ever since then. The Fisher Family graciously agreed to display it so the locals, snowbirds and tourists (but especially the children) would be able to see that there are incredible things to find here on the beaches. I also have collections of shark teeth, seaglass and other fossils (lots of horse/camel teeth) that I have found since moving to the area in 2007. I haven't posted a pic online-keep meaning to though....lol! emerald2dime.jpg

Last edited:

dreamsofgold

Oct 9, 2006
Lancaster, PA
Detector(s) used
Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Recovered from the Nuestra Senora de Guadalupe and the Conde de Tolosa. William P.Strube & Tracy Bowden
Grandpa.jpg

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Holy crap, my heart stopped when I saw the thread title. Then I realized its five years old.

Please stop resurrecting ancient threads.

dreamsofgold

Oct 9, 2006
Lancaster, PA
Detector(s) used
Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, I have a tendency to skip to the last page of threads, I seen 2013 something so until you said something I had no idea lol
Holy crap, my heart stopped when I saw the thread title. Then I realized its five years old.

Please stop resurrecting ancient threads.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is still an awe inspiring thread. I didn't realize how many different styles of emerald gold crosses, have been found on these wrecks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread