Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
A few weeks ago Jason called me to tell me he was coming to Miami to visit me and to visit Scott aka Sea Hunter. Then Scott called and suggested we all met at his hotel in Hollywood. I have to admit that it was a great idea….We had a wonderful time!!! As you all know Scott is a wonderful host and a great friend….Once we were there he invited us to stay the night…..and like the song says…Oh what a night!!! We had the best of times…to star off his hotel the Ripetide Ocean front hotel and Tiki Bar is well kept and the rooms are clean and updated with very nice decoration….All the rooms have a beautiful ocean view. The Tiki Bar!!! What can I say; you just can beat seating in front of the ocean on a Tiki Bar with a cold Corona listening to life music with great friends talking about treasure hunting, theories and future projects…..And to top it off Scott gave as a gift the first coin I found at the Jupiter wreck. I just doesn’t get any better!!!! Saturday morning came with the old saying; “How can I be so thirsty if I drank so much last night” ...LOL.....Mother Ocean called and we went snorkeling for a while…..

Scott once again, thanks for everything and for your friendship, we had the best of times…..Definitely friends are the family we can chose!!! Thank you brother!!!

So if you are in Hollywood Fl or going to Hollywood Fl and you need a place to stay go visit the Ripetide Hotel and Tiki Bar !!!! I guarantee you will have a great time...

Jason wasn’t just ready to go back home yet so he went back to Miami with us and once the man was sitting in my library looking at all my books and documents with a case of Corona I was not able to get him out of there until Sunday afternoon…..

Attachments

• DSC00500.JPG
    DSC00500.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 661
  • DSC00497.JPG
    DSC00497.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 659
  • DSC00498.JPG
    DSC00498.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 644
  • DSC00506.JPG
    DSC00506.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 666
  • DSC00505.JPG
    DSC00505.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 671
  • DSC00501.JPG
    DSC00501.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 655

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Great friends, good times, incredible memories and many more to come. Who can ask for more? It's a treasure all on its own. Thanks for sharing, Luis.

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Indeed they were great times Luis and Scott, I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. It had been a while and I needed the break and relaxation. It's good to be back in the states, and I'm almost finished here in texas, so I should be back soon for round 2! Thanks to both of you for your generosity (I also have my first coin found now along with a nicer example in a gold bezel). See you guys again soon!

Jason

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finding those mermaids at the bar can be more valuable than treasure too :laughing9:

OP
OP
Chagy

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
John, that mermaid that you are referring too is my wife....

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still a gorgeous mermaid Chagy heheheheh. You have excellent taste even if she doesn't. (sabres at 200 ft, you on compressed air?)

Who is that dissipated, scroungy looking character in the dark T shirt? Sorta reminds me of a beat up, beachcomber on his last legs in the Red light district on the docks in Tsingao, old China that I saw.

I was gathering data for a book, naturally.

As for that other, a fine specimen of a marine looter, it is nice to put a face on what previously was merely a name.

Sheehs , put them all together and I can easily see why Marine Archaeologists are up in arms.

Don Jose de La Mancha

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The marine archaeologists are just jealous cause we are the only ones exploring wrecks right now. Just wait until I get finished here in Texas (I'm not saying what I'm doing....LOL) and get back to the DR......THEN you'll see some people up in arms.

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
PALM BEACH COUNTY,FLORIDA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Luis and Jason
I really enjoyed seeing both of you again and spending the time together. The only way it could of been better would be if we were on the "Seahunter" bringing up treasure. Whenever you are ready the boat is waiting for us. The Polly-L has been doing quite well with some pretty unique finds. You are so right about the friendships being more valuable than the treasure. Treasure is just the icing on the cake of adventure and friendship.
Luis, I want to thank you for the gift of the piece of eight from the "Concepcion", complete with the certificate signed by Burt Webber and then personally autographed by him also. A great piece to add to the collection.
I am really looking forward to seeing you both again and our future adventures.
Scott Thomson
Seahunter

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions