accounting for the 1715 fleet vessels by their own " offical records"

Magoopeter

Jan 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
underwater
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
What is the earliest known survey of the Bahamas channel that charted the depth, that you know of?

Magoopeter

Jan 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
underwater
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thanks that is very interesting and if great help!!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks that is very interesting and if great help!!

Np... I am sure there are more out there somewhere... If you can get permitted EDU searches... a lot of them are public access if you poke around...
these sites may be your best bet at finding a really "juicy" one... an "oddball"... or just plain ole good one... but will require some real time dedications and "screen fatigued eyes"...you may find a map that really nails down your interests... but makes that investment really worth the work.

At one time I owned several antique Bahamian charts... long ago gone.

I will keep an eye out.. if I run across something along the lines of your criteria I will post it here for you... or PM you / both...
99.9 % of my maps are of Florida... but in many cases the Bahamas are also on those maps... will keep you in mind as I graze those as well.

TRG

May 22, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
There should be another sheet to the south of the one in the second link you posted AARC, as some of the text is truncated: "efs and shoals"

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There should be another sheet to the south of the one in the second link you posted AARC, as some of the text is truncated: "efs and shoals"

So post a link then :)

TRG

May 22, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I did a little searching with no luck. Maybe the original map was truncated when the plate was engraved and the border added...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread