archie fest at amelia island -jan 6th - 6 to 8 pm amelia ballrooms 3 &4 * public

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Re: archie fest at amelia island -jan 6th - 6 to 8 pm amelia ballrooms 3 &4 * public

There are many stories out there to back up your belief - no matter what view you have. I could balance this thread with a myriad of stories about rotten thunters who did indeed rob historical sites, trespassed and shamed our great hobby. That won't get us any closer to our goal. It will only serve to prove "those people" right. I suggest ignoring the stories and beginning a partnership with those archies who won't kick and scream. We can create a majority together in the midst of the two extremes. Show both sides we can create a working model that will preserve history for everyone. It can be done.

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
Re: archie fest at amelia island -jan 6th - 6 to 8 pm amelia ballrooms 3 &4 * public

i'm for working together -- heck I'm for be able to get permits at all

Sapper23

Aug 22, 2007
FL
Detector(s) used
Explor II, seamk

DNC,

You have a very good point, both side's destroyed history: and right now, All history needs to be
Saved for the Future!! " according to the GuRu's " Florida is listed in the top 10, in a`year of so': Florida
will be equal to California budget. No money for anything; If the State archaeologists start issuing more permits,
Maybe both sides can work together again. There's enough Treasure on the East coast" to get Florida out of the RED.
Both side's can't do anything, until permits are issued, to find out the outcome..

Show both sides we can create a working model that will preserve history for everyone. It can be done.

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Indeed it can be done. It won't happen by walking into a state office and demanding your rights or complaining about the lousy job they're doing. If you're really a crook, then nothing will work other than looking over your shoulder. If you're a person of integrity, then you have to talk to them. Let them know who you are. Stay in touch. Build trust. It may take awhile, but I have a friend who did exactly this...where it was deemed impossible. Yes, permits by the state.

Otherwise, go find a site in int'l waters and still do it right. Build a honest reputation and then do the above. Show goodwill and it will be returned. Show yourself an a$$ and it will also be returned. That's not state law - it's the law of life.

Godspeed.

itmaiden

Sep 28, 2005

Florida financially hurting ? Oh don't be so naive ! Not only do they normally rank 3rd in receiving Federal Funds in a number of areas, but they have many other areas of financial extraction from the public. And accountability for funds ? ha, they won't provide that information. I know more than I will say here, but don't feel sorry for that state.

itmaiden

Sapper23 said:
DNC,

You have a very good point, both side's destroyed history: and right now, All history needs to be
Saved for the Future!! " according to the GuRu's " Florida is listed in the top 10, in a`year of so': Florida
will be equal to California budget. No money for anything; If the State archaeologists start issuing more permits,
Maybe both sides can work together again. There's enough Treasure on the East coast" to get Florida out of the RED.
Both side's can't do anything, until permits are issued, to find out the outcome..

Show both sides we can create a working model that will preserve history for everyone. It can be done.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread