Ancient City Found On Caribbean Sea Floor...

itmaiden

Sep 28, 2005
Do you want the coordinates for the Hen and Chicken Reef in the Keys or the Hen and Chicken Shoals in the Bahamas ?

itmaiden

itmaiden said:
Look at this:

That location you posted is in the Florida Keys just off Upper Metacumbe. Still intersting, but so close to shore, could be dredge tailings or something similar.

What are the coordinates for Hen and Chickens?

Robert

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I actually think I can positively ID the location, it's right outside Manzanillo (aka Pepillo Salcedo) on the Dominican Republic / Haiti border, north coast. A few mangrove areas and inland water retention ponds exhibit the "city" look. I spoke with a guy who was contacting scientists to come look for it, apparently he found some. I have actually been diving over the supposed "city"...there is nothing there in the one area I checked. Someone find what I'm talking about on Google Earth and post coords, I'm not on my PC right now.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jason,

Were you sky diving over this city?

Attachments

• mudfarms.jpg
    mudfarms.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 836
  • mudfarms.jpg
    mudfarms.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 757

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
LOL John, nope, wasn't sky diving into salt evaporation ponds...though it sounds fun! Just find Pepillo Salcedo right on the border on the north coast of DR/Haiti, go southwest just a touch, and look for inland mangrove swaps. See photo below of one of them, I was told the guy had already been diving on it, and it was a city...that's why I went, again there is nothing there but mud. It was worth a look since I lived less than 10 minutes from there.

Jason

Attachments

• city.jpg
    city.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 772
  • city.jpg
    city.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 735

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see that in that pond.The bay to the east of Pepillo Salcedo has what looks like a city.You know its not a city.I have been looking at those patterns and what they look like is a circuit board.Its almost like the water was reflecting back into the ccd of the camera.If you take the lens off a cdd camera,all around it is a circuit board with surface mount chips and the lines you see are copper or gold traces covered with green resin.If you magnify the circuit board then blur it out and add a tint of blue to it or muddy water,its going to look like a city.Im willing to bet that this is the case with the archeological ruins in the article.They will send a ROV out there or divers and wont see anything there cept for the sand and coral.You could say its a defect with the sat camera or ever thier software that controls it.Or maybe thier UV or IR lens is defective.Too many cosmic rays.

Attachments

• satbadpixels.jpg
    satbadpixels.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 789
  • satbadpixels.jpg
    satbadpixels.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 712

Ramitt

Jul 24, 2007
I bet you are right. When i first saw it I thought looks like a circut board, but did not make the connection of it being a reflection. Good thought.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heres the real scoop on the article.Its a HOAX!

This is why it wasnt on CNN or any of the major news stations.

The Herald de Paris online news would be considered just a mullet wrapper paper if it was on the news stands.

http://www.heralddeparis.com/surprise-underwater-cities-atlantis-and-all-that-jazz/67059

WASHINGTON, DC (Herald de Paris) - What fun! our underwater story has made it all the way to the Huffington Post. To some, that’s like buying a Bedazzler to make your dress for the Queen’s Ball. We’re going Switzerland on this one. Regardless, I wanted to reply over there, but Ariana just couldn’t offer me enough word count. So I’m responding here:

Hi Huffpo.

Thanks for picking up this story and not mentioning where it originated. Stellar work. Thanks especially for proving our point with this story .. let me explain.

Yes, there was indeed an intriguing anomaly discovered. Yes, it does look like ancient ruins. Yes, there are some images the researchers are pining over, because they seem to indicate that there must have been human intervention for these things to exist.

So what do you do? Write it up and hope someone gives you the opportunity (see: FUNDING) to confirm and research. What does a technical piece in an academic journal get you? If you’re lucky, an online subscription to the academic journal, but really not all that often.

In this crazy, mixed up era we live in, you have to sleep with 18 waitresses or be the illegitimate daughter of an overdosed ex-supermodel to get press coverage. People don’t want hopeful, interesting, geeky scholar stories. Oh sure some do, but not most. Honestly, no guys involved with the research were willing to sleep with that many waitresses, nor did any of the women want to birth a love child and then overdose just to get this interesting story some press.

Instead, it was decided to publish some of the strange and colorful images, and write the story with a few holes in it .. Voila, you have mystery and intrigue (don’t make me wiggle my fingers in front of your eyes like Jack Black, here) and people aren’t just reading .. they’re discussing. Seriously, we’re wondering how to package this”backwards learning” and sell it to Scholastic.

Nevertheless, if what you still garnered from what has been published to date is, “It looks like a computer chip,” You’re probably not the people this team is hoping to attract, anyway.

What’s the truth? There’s something really interesting out there in the ocean, and these people, of which I am one, want to go check it out, so they can report to you what’s really there. It could be wondrous. It could be just about anything, but it is something, and some of the elements do imply structure .. or what’s left of some very old structure.

I know what I see. So do a whole lot of really respected scientists, scholars, and researchers. Still, nobody wants to put their name on something until they can see it with their own eyes. Makes sense. You see, as hopeful as some leading people in this field might be, nobody wants to find the next, “Capone’s Vault.” Not in this media climate.

So the story was let out there a certain way, and people took to it, good or bad, like gnats to a porch light. No pun intended, this project just created its own buzz.

Honestly, would you be reading this if the story had originated in the, “Journal of The Society of Underwater Looker-People”? No.

Is it Atlantis? It could possibly be part of something that once existed that through the ages became the “Atlantis” story? Maybe. But nobody will ever know unless this research team has the opportunity (see: FUNDING) to get down there and investigate the site. If someone would fund the initial reconnaissance, the researchers bring back the answers to the questions that everyone keeps asking.

Now, wasn’t that easy?

Joyous wishes for the holidays,

Jes Alexander, Publisher
Herald de Paris et Cie.

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
It's all about the funding for some...I mean how much freakin' money does it take to charter a small boat and take a quick dive. It doesn't require scientists and archaeologists to say "Hey, there's a city down here....or not".

I actually spoke to my friend in NASA's Office of Space Science yesterday. You nailed the cause right on the money John, nice work! He said this was caused when the sun was directly behind the satellite, and reflecting off of the water directly back at the lens of the satellite. And yes, it causes a ghost image of the circuit board for the CCD Camera. All I knew was that there was no city down there, despite the images.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
those pictures look more like a printed circuit board with another picture photo shopped over it

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
No photoshopping here, these are saved straight from google Earth. Go look at them for yourself.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanx,Id pat myself on my back but with this bad left shoulder i have it will be impossible. :laughing9:

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
I didn't get it right on the nose but I was close. I knew it looked too much like a PCB rather than a city.
if it was a city, the lines are laid out too straight

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions