beach artifacts

Sapper23

Aug 22, 2007
FL
Detector(s) used
Explor II, seamk
Well,,
The code always saids: :icon_pirat: Finders.. Keepers.

Keep / Preserve / Sell the artifacts: Yes, on all three issue's,

itmaiden

Sep 28, 2005
Sell the artifacts you do not wish to cherish while the market is taking them, and use the money wisely. If you asked me whether I would rather have the artifact or something at the mall, the answer would be clearly "the artifact". Now if you asked me if I would like to keep the artifact, or buy some very useful land with it (not that Florida sand) then I would definitely buy the land. Land that provides sustainability...good for gardens/crops, hunting, and water sources.

itmaiden

vulcan007 said:
What do you do with your beach artifacts? Do you keep/preserve/sell/ throw away/ etc?

I mean items that may have some value.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep/preserve all my beach artifacts.Got a big safe here full of the ones that fit.The ones that dont fit in the safe are now yard ornaments.But i have sold 2 gold escudo's i found on the beach a few years ago when they were bringing top dollar on ebay.

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark

inletsurf

Oct 1, 2006
Sebastian Inlet, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aquanut said:
mad4wrecks said:
Speaking of beach artifacts........

http://www.wptv.com/mostpopular/sto...inson-island-sand/1soXc42bhUqY5so-XgkD3Q.cspx

I think it was a dune buggy that belonged to Art Hartman. ;D
Deepsix and I ran across the engine block back around 1994 during an extreme low tide/erosion combination. It was buried, so we had to dig to expose it. I can't believe we just left it there...
Aquanut

You know there's an old car/truck drivetrain buried behind the radisson just south of Eau Gallie. Only comes up during extreme low tides after storms. Seen it about 10 times in the past 13 years.

Sorroque

Jan 5, 2007
Canaberal de Ayzm
Detector(s) used
GMHCX3
Ditto too.
I found an old engine.
When the springs on the valves were exposed firstly I thought I found a conglomerate of coins!!! It was square as I felt around it,'An entire chest of coins'!
I was shaking alot! :laughing7:
Then as the more sand I dug I came to realise it was something else. I dug the whole thing out and carried it down to the water line and washed it off. An automobile or boat engine block was all it was.
It was a foot deep. And my awesome story I was going to tell Kellyco, who sold me the detector, was done.
This was at Canova Beach, 1996.

cuzcosquirrel

Aug 20, 2008
I'm allowed to pick up and bring in all the porcelin pieces I find. I have been told once to leave metal and other stuff alone unless it's really interesting. They are trying to get a surf debris pattern for the "good" porcelin off a Spanish trade vessel in the area I go to so they can eventually pursue it.

There is sadly a lot of burned out porcelin from the wreck that all the glaze and markings have been worn off of, maybe 70% of it. There are also a lot of other vessels wrecked in the same general area. I photograph most of the stuff I see and I may move things up the beach to a dune line to see if they want to recover them, or rebury stuff found away from the surf line.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread